When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What You’ll Get to Do
Build on our diverse employee base through the expansion of our purposeful brand, establish the TA function as a strategic partner during a time of growth, refine existing Talent Acquisition (TA) processes, and lead recruiters through change skill expansion.
From managing the full recruitment lifecycle to championing employment branding campaigns to leading a strong team of experts, you’ll partner with your TA leadership team to continue to foster the strong, customer-oriented culture of collaboration, striving for excellence, and building meaningful relationships. Always important to collaborate with other functional leaders, you’ll help all to understand and advocate for talent as a key driver of business results. Our vision is to make the world healthier, cleaner, safer…our people are the way to make this a reality.
How You'll Make a Difference
Develop an integrated, business-oriented approach to Talent Acquisition supporting our Chromatography Mass Spectrometry team:
- Cultivate and manage relationships with hiring managers to align business needs with TA service, including recruiting, employment branding, interview training, candidate experience, and more.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to HM/HR regarding specific recruitment challenges or opportunities.
- Build deep, sustainable networks, communities of diverse talent across industries and geographies.
- Develop and execute effective recruiting and sourcing strategies for important hiring initiatives for key locations within your division.
- Embrace employee referrals and build upon existing multi-channel sourcing of passive and active candidates across the full-range and levels of medical device roles.
- Lead and effectively manage the team’s performance and service delivery capabilities:
- With your manager, outline a long-term strategy for an ongoing review of your team’s performance to continuous improvement, efficiency, and capability.
- Track, analyze, and report talent acquisition metrics to monitor team results to understand each team member’s workload and quality of work being delivered to the business on a daily/weekly/monthly basis ensuring goals are on target.
- Gain feedback from the business and HR on a frequent, regular basis to understand any issues before they arise.
- Follow up with swift action and remedies to correct undesired recruiter behaviors and ensure high quality service delivery.
- Provide action plans for recruiters on how to measure and deliver results, including timelines and expectations for success.
- Effectively manage a requisition load within your business unit/division.
- Consistently Deliver High-Level TA Capabilities:
- Provide senior strategic team leadership and guidance to HM/HR and team mates to deliver high quality candidates and hires.
- Develop and execute advanced effective recruiting and sourcing strategies for important initiatives for your division or across multiple divisions.
As a TA leader, you’ll contribute your opinions and influence leaders and recruiters with your knowledge, credibility, and expertise. You’ll develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results. Because you’ll be working with sophisticated, diverse business leaders, advanced communication, and influencing skills will be critical assets. Key traits include flexibility to lead by example and willingness to roll up your sleeves when needed as the TA vision unfolds.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Psychology, or other related discipline
- 10+ years of innovative full-cycle talent acquisition experience in a large corporate, search, or consulting environment (understanding of medical device/life science industries preferred), with 2+ years managing others.
- Experience managing a team of 2+ recruiters.
- Previous use of recruiting metrics and reporting standards.
- Experienced management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Strong development, execution, and implementation experience with success in developing talent acquisition programs.
- Proven experience in developing strong relationships and in successfully interfacing and negotiating with all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency with current ATS technology (Kenexa preferred).
- Proven experience with multi-channel sourcing strategies and brand development.
- Familiarization with workforce planning principles and strategies.
- Experience independently juggling multiple concurrent tasks and meeting deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Develops strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to make rational decisions in difficult situations with little input from others.
- Professional leader with strong business acumen is analytical, detail, and process oriented.
- Demonstrated strong negotiating skills and the ability to analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to multi-task, build, and lead multiple individuals and departments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and “hands on” approach.
- High level of attention to detail, problem solving, and decisive competencies.
- Action and result oriented, strong commitment to quality and data-driven results.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.