When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Portable Analytical Instruments, a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in handheld XRF, Raman, and Infrared devices that enable precise material identification and characterization across a wide variety of end markets. It is the product of three acquisitions over the past decade and brings together a product portfolio with leading market positions globally. The business is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, C++ Development
- Design, development and support of:
- Middleware, communications and other features for our portable scientific device projects using QT/QML on embedded Linux.
- Device supporting desktop applications.
- Cloud based integration for devices and desktop applications.
- Participate in code, design and test plan reviews.
- Work with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies in a Test Driven Development environment.
- Proficient in developing with C++ on Linux.
- Experience with QT on Linux in an embedded environment.
- Strong C++/object oriented design (OOD) experience.
- Design Pattern Experience.
- Experience following formal software development lifecycle, including working with requirements, creation of functional/design specifications, code reviews, code coverage and engaging in process enhancements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics with 5 years experience in the field.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or green card holder
- SQL, schema and db experience
- Experience with Test Driven Development in an Agile Environment.
- XML and JSON
- Tools: Jira, Git, GitLab, Confluence
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.