When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Portable Analytical Instruments, a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in handheld XRF, Raman, and Infrared devices that enable precise material identification and characterization across a wide variety of end markets. It is the product of three acquisitions over the past decade and brings together a product portfolio with leading market positions globally. The business is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, Scientific/Algorithm Development
- Perform all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing, integration, maintenance, and software release for our company’s portable analytical instrument products.
- Development and support of GUI, middleware, communications and other layers of the software stack using object oriented programming (OOP) techniques in C/C++ and Qt on a Linux environment.
- Integration of algorithms & mathematical functions for the identification and quantification of materials using x-ray and optical spectroscopy
- Participate in code, design and test plan reviews.
- Work with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies in a Test Driven Development environment.
- Proficient in developing with C++ on Linux.
- Matlab and algorithm experience.
- Design Pattern Experience.
- Enjoys solving problems and troubleshooting.
- Experience following formal software development lifecycle, including working with requirements, creation of functional/design specifications, code reviews, code coverage and engaging in process enhancements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics with 5 years experience in the field.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or green card holder
- SQL, schema and db experience
- Experience with Test Driven Development in an Agile Environment.
- Experience with Embedded Linux and QT.
- XML and JSON
- Tools: Jira, Git, GitLab, Confluence
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.