Fisher Clinical Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of global clinical supply chain. With unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
- Maintain and improve current facility physical security by analyzing corporate, industrial, and political trends to assess significant emerging risks and offer solutions in anticipation of both current and future business requirements.
- Identify and implement physical security initiatives and standards in compliance with Corporate Physical Security policies, directives, programs, standards, guidelines and regulatory agencies (FDA, EMEA, DEA, TSA….)
- Conduct physical security vulnerability assessments/audits and recommend improvements, to include short term and long term funding requirements. Performs formal and informal risk and threat assessments; researches appropriate technology to address site risks and vulnerabilities.
- Manage 24/7 physical facility security operations to include video/CCTV surveillance, badging and access control, intrusion detection systems, lock and key management and life safety systems.
- Manage the performance of the third party security provider.
- Physical protection responsibilities will include asset protection, workplace violence prevention, HR support for personnel issues and general security.
- Provide training to employees and managers on a variety of security and emergency response related plans.
- Special Projects and Support
- Conduct and Lead Investigations, Waste Vendor Audits, Report Incidents in compliance with EHS policies and Global Physical Security directives.
- Create, validate, implement and update emergency action plans, business continuity plans and active shooter plans. Provide training on each.
- Establish and foster strong partnerships with local law enforcement, first responders, and businesses.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma and a minimum of 7 years of experience in a facilities/institutional security management position required or in combination with relevant prior military, law enforcement or intelligence background.
- Individual must have the ability to support 24/7 business operations and work on projects outside of standard working hours when necessary.
- Must be proficient, knowledgeable and experienced with security technologies and integration (CCTV, Access Control, Alarm Systems, Photo ID systems, Mass Notification and Incident Management).
- Ability to lead others effectively and display initiative and creativity when resolving problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be discrete in handling confidential and sensitive matters is essential.
- Must be able to remain calm and effective in emergency situations.
- Incumbent must be able to effectively handle stressful or dangerous situations that result from human behavior and hostile situations than may become assault threatening, necessitating in the use of physical force.
- College degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology preferred.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Physical Security Professional (PSP) preferred.
- The position will require research skills to evaluate new technology and application.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical and/or packaging setting with cGMP knowledge.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.