When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Account Manager, Forensics position is responsible for significantly continuing to develop the company's Human Identification business. The successful candidate would combine sales skills, technical expertise and overall territory leadership with a proven record of excellence. The individual would be responsible for the direct selling of the company's products to HID/Forensic accounts in an assigned territory, which will be regionally based. Primary objective will be to drive Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support strategy in both direct territory and in support of North America team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Field Sales Account Management
- Developing effective sales strategies and execution of strategies to increase penetration of HID (direct and indirect) products within North America sales territory
- Understanding and assessing customers’ goals/objectives, strategies and, building value propositions that represent solutions with our support and product portfolio.
- Must have the skills to effectively develop knowledge of accounts and key customers in assigned territory, and to interpret customer's needs and identify solutions.
- Strong technical skills needed to communicate HID (direct/indirect) product portfolio for HID Forensic labs.
- Strong team-selling skills to successfully work with other company representatives to increase core and overall sales revenue in HID/ Forensic accounts.
- Strong analytical skills to assess and prioritize territory/account sales opportunities and develop sales and/or product forecasts.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, either through customer interaction or presentations to clearly articulate company/division value propositions.
- Strong organizational skills in communicating & coordinating all activities in the customer base being managed.
- In-depth industry knowledge of the HID/Forensic market. preferred
- Overall product knowledge and relevant applications for all product lines associated with the HID/Forensics market.
- Knowledge of competitor products and differentiating features products.
- In-depth understanding of customer business, goals and objectives, strategies, and needs.
- Understanding customer decision making process and key decision makers and influencers.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or equivalent experience.
- Completion of graduate level coursework or advanced degree preferred.
- Requires at least 5 years of successful sales (and/or support) experience of analytical instruments and/or related consumable products.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 60%.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job duties are performed in various field locations, generally within assigned territory, including customer laboratories and offices. Territory includes Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com