Job Title: Senior Director Commercial, Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) & Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division (CSD)
Reports To: Direct report to VPGM Japan Commercial; Matrix report to LSG APJ GSD/CSD Division Commercial
Position Location: Tokyo, Japan
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Senior Director Commercial, GSD/CSD Japan will provide leadership in executing the GSD/CSD sales strategy in order to deliver the company’s revenue targets, optimize profitability, and strategically deploy customer-facing teams aligned with the company strategy. The role will be part of the regional Asia Pacific Japan GSD/CSD Commercial leadership teams and will collaboratively align with the region and global partners to drive the targeted growth in Japan.
In addition, this person will ensure there is an intense focus on the customer, sales force effectiveness, price optimization, a profitable portfolio mix, targeted promotions, and an effective sales channel strategy, including the dealer network and direct to customer. He/she will be responsible for developing, motivating, and retaining, a high performing sales, marketing, field service and technical support organizations.
The role will work very closely with cross functional leaders in Japan to help create initiatives focused on communicating and nurturing relationships with customers, driving run rate business, and generating new business. He/she will regularly influence, interact and interface with GSD/CSD division leadership.
The role will monitor and drive change within the sales organization to produce proactive predictable revenue quarters with strong year over year growth. In addition, the role requires interface and strategic planning partnerships with other divisions in Japan to support cross selling as well as the ability to develop and present strategic plans to the Thermo Fisher Japan Leadership Team.
- Role model leader with an intense focus on the customer
- A strategic sales plan with key milestones in place
- Achieve/exceed direct and indirect revenue plan for region and the overall Commercial organization
- Defend, win back, and grow share for GSD CSD and the total group and company
- Develop an aligned and focused Japan GSD/CSD sales and marketing team with clear accountability, ownership, and implementation of sales and marketing best practices
- Develop an aligned and focused Japan Field Service and Technical Support team with clear accountability, ownership, and implementation of Customer Experience best practices in close collaboration with Thermo Fisher Japan Service leader(s)
- Create, implement, and develop a strong sales infrastructure inclusive of CRM, business intelligence, and activity management
- Strong relationships with customers, strategic partners, KOLs, influencers and dealers
- Generate targeted revenue each quarter as per the Annual Operating Plan.
- Strategy alignment and go to market execution with LSG GSD/CSD Division priorities
- Generating growth through the development of effective sales and marketing strategies
- Managing a highly diverse team & influencing a highly technically oriented team
- Ensuring a consistent global approach to the market while ensuring sufficient local variation to reflect local market opportunity
- Growing in a mature, competitive market.
- Ability to navigate and influence in a matrixed environment
- A solid understanding of the overall Thermo Fisher Scientific customer value proposition
- Achieve Annual Operating plan for Revenue, OPEX and Profitability.
- Build and manage instrument, consumables and deal funnels.
- Forecast to the Japan and regional/global GSD CSD division leadership including details of the funnel in real-time.
- Encourage and foster the adoption of CRM to help manage customer interactions, funnel management and management of the customer experience.
- Further develop GO-TO-Market strategy in Chain for GSD/CSD market to continuously grow the business and execute on this strategy
- Direct and generally supervise the day-to-day activities of the business unit, including the development, marketing and sales and marketing of its products and services and the delivery of an exceptional customer experience through the Field Service and Technical Support teams, with the objective of maximizing profitability, growth and customer loyalty (as measured by CAS).
- Establish criteria to measure short/long term performance and overall growth, and regularly evaluate results.
- Maintain an awareness of, and exercises judgment in, such areas as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and governmental statutes and regulations.
- Review and direct the development of market opportunities and requirements for existing products/services. Develop an awareness of customer product and service needs, and maintain or enhance customer relations.
- Ensure that effective corporate systems, procedures and financial controls are established and maintained for the business unit's operations.
- Ensure proper staffing levels, as well as training and development of the necessary personnel to maintain an organization capable of achieving established goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An extensive experience in life science and/or healthcare industry with P&L ownership is highly preferred
- Demonstrated capability to develop sales strategy and translate strategy into a tactical plan that achieves and drives top line growth with experience in a business with a minimum of USD150M in revenue
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build trusting relationships as well as influence employees at all levels
- Proactive in identifying solutions to business issues. Possesses a responsive and strong sense of urgency
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Indeed Posting Code: *IND-APAC
LinkedIn Posting Code: *LI-KP1