Job ID :
US - Maryland - Frederick
Key Objectives of the role:
- Leads, directs and is responsible for day-to-day aspects and delivery of projects and programs.
- Drives projects through cross-functional teams by following and managing cost, schedule and resource plans.
- Holds team members accountable for deliverables.
- Provides training and constructive input to team members.
- Adapts communication to accommodate audience diversity and may communicate internally at higher levels.
- Provides clear, concise information and reports to all levels of the project team.
- Interacts with peers, functional groups and customers; presents project status and updates to the Product Approval Committee.
- Communicates with internal customers clearly and to communicate technical system information and processes in a non-technical manner.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- 5+ years experience in managing projects of varying size and complexity through stage-gate processes, preferably in the life sciences.
- Bachelor's degree in scientific field or business administration; or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
- Experience working with and effectively communicating (listen, speak, present and write) to all levels of management and build working relationship with others outside of the project team.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of the Portfolio and Program Management team and in a matrix reporting environment.
- Ability to organize and disseminate information efficiently, and convey expectations of accountability.
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and “take ownership of issues and tasks”.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- 2+ years experience in a biological science, particularly experience with cell culture and analysis.
- Experience developing products in a regulated environment
- Experience with MS software, including MS Project.
- PMP certification