When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Field and Safety Instruments is a new business within Thermo Fisher that was established in 2017 by the merger of two legacy business units. The FSI marketing organization is in search of a Senior Manager for the Pharma segment. As the market leader in portable analytical instruments for the global pharmaceutical industry, FSI is well positioned for continued future growth in this segment. The products have historically been used for raw material identification within the manufacturing departments of pharmaceutical companies. We see an opportunity to continue growing our position in this market as well as developing emerging areas within the broader pharmaceutical and biotech industries. The objective of this role is to develop the long term growth strategy for the segment and take a leadership role in growing the revenue and profits from pharma products. By discovering and delivering solutions to unmet market needs, the expectation is that this leader will also help to introduce and accelerate the revenue growth from new products. A well-articulated strategy that covers existing and new markets will be a key deliverable in the first 6 months.
This leader will assume overall responsibility for strategy, product management, and marketing communications in the pharma segment and be able to build, develop, and deliver results through a team. The ideal candidate will have a global commercial mindset, a customer focus, and familiarity with best practices in product management. He/she will also have strong business acumen and be able to guide the pharma product portfolio towards continued profitable growth. This leader will be called on to develop the pharma product roadmap as well as take ownership of new product launches including associated vitality revenue. In addition to positioning the business for long term growth, this leader will be responsible for being current on market trends and competitive intelligence. A robust process for gathering and disseminating competitive intelligence that is used to deliver insight to the sales force will be a key deliverable in the first 12 months. It will be important for this leader to communicate well at many levels and in many different arenas such that the strategies and plans developed at FSI headquarters are executed in practice in the field. Being able to accomplish tasks through a dedicated team is as important to success as influencing others across functions, regions, and business units. This role reports to the Director of Marketing for FSI.
- Superior leadership ability
- Superior problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive results in a B2B environment
- Experience developing and managing a team
- Knows how to leverage customer, competitive, and market intelligence to drive growth
- Has strong drive, follow-through, and attention to detail
- Ability to determine the appropriate level of rigor needed to answer business questions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills and presence conducive to interacting with executives
- Highly developed collaborative leadership skills including consensus building, information sharing, and communication of needs and priorities across functions
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry desirable, but not required
- Bachelors in engineering or science required. MBA highly desirable.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.