Job ID :
Australia - Scoresby
- Be the primary contact person for both internal staff and customers for technical and product queries so that appropriate and accurate information may be passed on to both staff and customers as efficiently as possible.
- Provide sales and marketing support for relevant agencies so that internal staff, service + sales teams, product management and customer needs are responded to, actioned and met.
- In conjunction with the Product Manager, Lab Instrumentation, effectively manage all aspects of the marketing mix with an emphasis on pricing, product and promotional strategy so that profitability, brand positioning and market share are maximised.
- Partner with Product Specialists, Field Sales and Customers to provide product demonstrations, training, technical, applicational & sales support, identify new business opportunities, generate leads, and close sales.
- Gain a strong understanding of the customer's requirements and application needs on a technical level to ensure the most suitable solution is proposed.
- To effectively manage technical service requirements in conjunction with the Service Team with a view to driving and delivering ‘next level’ service and customer value.
- Maintain the product database including new item set ups, description maintenance, database audits, etc, to ensure a professional presentation is maintained and that internal staff and customers can easily and accurately locate product.
- Assist where required in preparation of quotes and compilation of large bid/tenders.
- Manipulate price modeling (FBP – formula based pricing).
- Manage allocation, sourcing, development and replenishment of sales support resources (literature, E-Collateral, e.t.c).
- Communicate and liaise effectively with suppliers, ensuring that all correspondence (verbal, written or electronic) is informative, professional and relevant.
- Work with the Product Managers and monitor inventory trends and exceptions via Foresee so that customer stock requirements can be met, seasonal fluctuations taken into account, and appropriate economical inventory levels be maintained.
- In conjunction w/ Logistics effectively assist in managing processing orders on suppliers + management of deliveries such that sales opportunities is maximised.
- Maintenance of expiry/excess stock to ensure that stock write-downs and write-offs are minimised.
- Work with the Product Managers in the creation of promotional and marketing materials so that sales opportunities are maximised, appropriate branding is achieved and all relevant channels are being utilised.
- Conduct market research involving designated products and market segments.
- Effectively analyse sales data and identify trends with a view to highlighting areas of opportunity within customer accounts.
- Conduct YTD vs LYTD customer analysis.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a science discipline (highly desirable).
- Laboratory experience (highly desirable).
- Customer service skills.
- Previous experience in a sales & marketing or administrative support role.
- Knowledge and experience with Thermo Fisher products.
- Intermediate level competence in computer skills; specifically the Microsoft Office suite applications – Excel, Word and Outlook.