Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Sales Manager, ANZ is tasked with achieving or exceeding annual booking and revenue objectives (product, professional services and support) by increasing presence of our Informatics solutions throughout the region, working alongside the Asia Pacific Informatics team, the Global Partner Alliance, throughout the CMD organization and other Divisions within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Responsible for sales of Informatics solutions to ANZ, both directly and alongside partners, in defined markets and industries
- Grow pipeline of opportunity in region, and develop new leads and target business areas
- Develop business plans and strategies to achieve and exceed revenue goals
- Co-ordinate with Thermo Fisher sales teams to ensure business growth and to ensure execution upon sales and account strategies
- Collaborate with local and global services team to ensure accuracy of quotation, communication of project plans, and success of implementation projects.
- Provide regular, detailed forecasting to sales management based upon RADAR principles
- Utilise Salesforce.com CRM for managing accounts, opportunities and leads, and for monitoring business health
Decision Making Authority
- Can determine discount level to be utilised within bounds of Informatics discount policy
Specific Scope Data
- Targets and scope dependent on candidate
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Batchelors level degree in either scientific or IT discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience in complex Informatics solutions sales, preferably to similar customer environments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to communicate in English is essential.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Ability to present and represent Thermo Fisher Scientific Informatics business unit
- Demonstrate clear understanding of business value delivered by enterprise software solutions
- Prepares business plans for the territory. Plan should include opportunity map, estimates current and future levels of spending on products and services, sales strategies, tactics and resource requirements.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Ensures that the account plans and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals.
- Proactively meets with / calls customers throughout the region on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Builds relationships at multiple levels of account.