Job Title: Distribution Manager
Requisition ID: 41790BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
To ensure the smooth flow of materials and/or finished goods in and out of the assigned facility through own actions and those of assigned staff. Ensure materials are available to meet schedules and that the quality of materials is verified and secured. Provide database tracking and operational status reports as required by management.
- Provide immediate supervision to assigned staff; including personnel recruitment, regular performance evaluation and monitoring for development purposes, as well as ensuring appropriate resources are available and the effective use thereof.
- Oversee the receipt of materials and/or finished goods on an on-going basis. Ensure that the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. an open purchase order). Oversee the maintenance and integrity of databases and other records confirming the status of materials received.
- Coordinate the storage and delivery of materials according to established procedures and customer requirements. Interface with internal and external customers.
- Oversee the shipment of materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements. Plans and coordinates space, materials, and manpower to meet operational needs. Coordinate the development and preparation of reports and other communication materials to keep customers informed of the status of shipments, and measure shipping volumes, cost and efficiency.
- Review third party service pricing.
- Lead and/or participate in special projects requiring research and/or coordination of special services related to the receiving, shipping, and inventory control of goods.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or related experience required.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years related experience in a leadership or supervisory capacity
- Proven ability to organize and consistently run a smooth cost-effective operation.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Working knowledge of business computer software required and logistics related applications desired.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in a warehouse environment and may operate under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F). May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 40 lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. May intermittently sit at desk for a long period of time to answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Occasional local travel may be required
• Professional certification preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.