When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The BioProduction Sales Training Manager is a member of the BioProduction Market Development team responsible for implementation of the strategic roadmap for a comprehensive sales training program to support the BPD Commercial Sales and Service teams. The BioProduction Sales Training Manager will have the responsibility to create and implement Laboratory, Field Service Engineer and Customer training programs, and oversee the development of coaching and mentor initiatives. The right candidate will create assessment protocols, set performance metrics, evaluate productivity, and have a passion for creating confidence in a sales organization to achieve strategic growth goals.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
• Develop 3-5 year strategic roadmap for a comprehensive sales training program to support the BPD Global Commercial Team.
• Develop, implement, and monitor laboratory and field service training programs collaboratively throughout the organization
• Proactively identify opportunities for laboratory and field service employee development
• Evaluate the needs of the company and plan training programs accordingly, including train-the-trainer activities, internal and external laboratory customers, and on-boarding of new personnel
• Coordinate with multiple departments to develop multimedia learning tools, visual aids and presentations
• Provide classroom training, develop role play workshops and demonstrate successful field coaching during co-travel
• Attend meetings, conferences, and national programs
• Manage the implementation and facilitation of both on and off-site training activities and events
• Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of training and development programs and assist in the development of strategic plans
• Work closely with sales management to inspect training and sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement
• Build solid cross-functional relationships, peer support and internal company relationships with other key management personnel
• Understand the sales training needs of the business and field sales representatives to develop specific training programs to meet these needs.
• Effective ongoing communication with BPD Sales, marketing, management and sales support personnel; influence cross Business Unit communication.
• Develop and maintain sales rep on boarding program to be used by the BPD Commercial Team.
• Work effectively and closely with external training agencies when applicable.
• Bachelor degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Sales, Sales Training and/or Marketing roles in a corporate environment
• Experience in the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Diagnostics Industries required.
• Demonstrate excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
• Ability to learn complex business model to appropriately understand the needs of the division, each of the Business Units, and the supporting Sales processes.
• Experience with sales skills methodologies and long term strategic planning a plus.
• Must have the vision and capability to develop training programs that translate strategy to actionable programs
• Demonstrated leadership and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment supporting a commercial team
• Ability to translate a wide array of complex data into functioning strategies
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Also, this can be a remote position and would prefer reporting into the posted locations.