Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor this position is responsible for installing and removing molds and related auxiliary equipment and components from the molding press as well as preparation of setup for appropriate machines as defined. Responsible to make necessary adjustments to equipment to insure quality and quantity of production for the assigned area.
1) Observes safety rules for self and others and insures that all safety guards and devices are in place and in good condition.
2) Responsible for proper care of molds and machines, and inspects molds during and after installation.
3) Responsible for following the die traveler system.
4) Positions assembled molds in press and removes molds and secondary equipment after run.
5) Monitors machine cycle times and assures that they are at or below standard cycle/part weight..
6) Responsible for correcting and/or reporting out of standard performance.
7) Responsible for machine adjustments per Engineering set-up sheets, following all pertinent quality work instructions (QWI’s). Fills in monitored set-up sheets and writes necessary MCP’s and tool room work notifications.
8) Responsible for notifying supervisor when assistance from external department is needed.
9) Responsible for checking periodically for maintenance/tool room problems on machines and write work orders as necessary.
10) Identifies different resins used and assures that appropriate resin is used for a job.
11) Responsible for machine and mold safety.
12) Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly department.
13) Involved with basic process troubleshooting
14) Support engineering as required
15) Attend and participate in daily communication meetings as assigned
Minimum High School diploma or equivalent/Technical degree preferred
Must have 1-3 years’ setup experience
Possess good reading, math, and communication skills required
Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
Molding equipment experience preferred.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Use of calipers and Megna-Mik