The Clinical Diagnostics Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced professional to join the Research and Development department. This Senior Scientist will be part of the product development team responsible for developing liquid chromatography – tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MSMS) analytical workflows.
- Develop and validate sample preparation and LC-MSMS quantification methods for analysis of various biological matrixes.
- Design experiments and interpret the results to develop LC-MS workflows meeting end-user requirements.
- Work cross-functionally to test and validate developed workflows under customer settings.
- Work cross-functionally to participate in development of hardware, software and consumables products.
- Work cross-functionally to successfully transfer reagents preparation workflows to manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to reagents and methods. Experience with formal OOS and CAPA investigation and documentation is a plus.
- Work cross-functionally to identify, quantify and mitigate design and process risks via failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) or other risk management processes.
- Train and support others including field based applications and service team.
- Comply with relevant GLP requirements and Quality Systems Requirements including relevant SOPs and Protocols.
- Capture and track the work in a project monitoring system.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- MS degree with 10+ yrs experience or a Ph.D with 5+ yrs experience in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, clinical chemistry or related field.
- Hands-on experience with quantitative bio-analytical sample preparation and LC-MSMS technology, equipment, method development and validation, data analysis and software.
- Knowledge of biological sample clean-up, enrichment and extraction techniques using manual and automated methods.
- Direct experience working in a test lab using LC-MSMS equipment for analysis of biological samples is a plus.
- Direct experience working in a product development group is a plus.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills including ability to articulate and present complex experimental details and results effectively.
- Excellent time-management, planning and organization skills to handle and efficiently manage high workload and meet timelines.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows based applications, internet technology, and statistical analysis software.
- Senior Scientist must be willing to travel up to 5% domestic and international (including on weekends) and participate in early morning cross-site teleconference calls.