Job ID :
France - Remote / Field|Germany - Remote / Field|Italy - Remote / Field|Switzerland - Remote / Field
- Strong commercial skills to exceed aggressive sales targets and develop relationships with new customers
- Ability to develop and build key accounts within the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and related regulatory requirements in drug formulation and manufacturing
- Ability to influence key decision makers in the pharmaceutical industry in drug formulation and manufacturing
- Drive business into new and existing markets
- Ability to develop marketing strategies and tactics and implement these on time.
- Process and results-driven focus with the ability to rapidly change course when needed
- Ability to clearly identify and interpret customer requirements, shape and align those requirements to Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities and then apply Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions to the customer needs, effectively communicating these to customers.
- Ability to tactfully discuss strategic and sensitive issues with customers and our factories
- The ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and customers, driving improvements in our Customer Allegiance Scores (CAS)
- Reach and outperform sales targets and define strategy and related actions to achieve these targets
- Support and motivate the European commercial team and our channel partners
- Work closely together with product managements to ensure that the correct marketing actions are developed and executed in region.
- Network with colleagues in other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions to identify business opportunities
- Maintain the business development databases via Sales Force.com.
- Initiate and support marketing activities i.e. workshops, seminars, webinars and trade shows
- Work with product management to develop and improve products and services to our customers
- Be responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them and work independently to manage customer relationships
- Plan and provide order- winning demonstrations of our instrumentation to customers
- Take a hands-on approach and act as escalation point for customer and system issues.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required
Reporting and Forecasting
- Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database (Sales Force.com)
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts to management
- Provide input to Product line Meeting (PLM) and Quarterly Business Review (QBR)
- When required, assist in the yearly planning of the future financial performance of the Company by providing insight into the prospects for growth in the defined territory.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and ability to multi task
- Highly motivated and competitive
- Can lead a discussion with scientists as well as commercial stakeholders
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Personable phone manner
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Self- starter and proactive
- Must be a team player with ability to interface across internal and external complex matrix organizations
- Ability to travel within the defined geographical area and to demonstration facilities across Europe. May require overnight stays on occasions up to 50%
- High level of IT skills/computer literacy
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Degree level or high qualification in a scientific discipline, preferably Materials Science or Pharmaceutical technology.
- Business management qualification would be an advantage.
- Experienced sales professional with a proven track record in achieving sales quotas and working at difference levels in complex organization.
- Previous experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry and/or Material Sciences.
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets.
- Must be highly sales driven and have the ability to work on their own and be creative in developing strategic and tactical sales plans, and executing these in a timely fashion to deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A good level of interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills
- Must live on territory or be able to relocate
- Approximately 70% of time will be spent travelling through the territory
- Valid Driving license
- Experience of using sales database (SalesForce.com), MS Outlook and MS office suite