When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Portable Analytical Instruments, a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in handheld XRF, Raman, and Infrared devices that enable precise material identification and characterization across a wide variety of end markets. It is the product of three acquisitions over the past decade and brings together a product portfolio with leading market positions globally.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, development and support of:
- Middleware, communications and other features for our portable scientific device projects using QT/QML on embedded Linux.
- Device supporting desktop applications using QT and C# on Windows.
- Cloud based integration for devices and desktop applications.
- Work with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies in a Test Driven Development environment.
- Design, implement, test, and improve application framework features/widgets that effectively support a wide range of instruments.
- 5+ years of software design/development experience
- Experience with QT on Linux in an embedded environment.
- Strong C++/object oriented design (OOD) experience.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Successful experience working with small to medium-sized teams.
- Experience following formal software development lifecycle, including working with requirements, creation of functional/design specifications, code reviews, code coverage and engaging in process enhancements.
- BS, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- C#/.Net Experience
- Design Pattern experience.
- Tools: Jira, Git, GitLab, Confluence
- SQL, schema and db experience
- Cloud/Web Services experience
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.