Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist (TSS)
Location: Field – Massachusetts
Reports to: TSS Sr. Manager, Synthetic Biology & Sample Prep
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) is a field sales position for successful sales and technical drivers. The position manages sales execution in an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. Geography will be New York Academic accounts, MA Academic accounts, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.
The Sales Specialist will comprehend and utilize product features, benefits and applications accompanied with selling and business building skills to successfully promote the sale of various portfolios including but not limited to Gene Synthesis, Genome Editing and Modulation products & services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan. The Sales Specialist will also be the primary driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business.
Additionally he or she will be able to interact at all levels of the internal and external organization but also be a driver for the products and will be responsible for technically positioning the solutions vs. competitive products to efficiently achieve the sales quota.
As a member of our dynamic, high achieving sales team, in a rapidly expanding market you will manage the sales responsibility in specific geography for the synthetic biology and sample prep product line. As the Synthetic Biology Sales Specialist you will work with the district sales teams to identify, lead and drive the sales process for products in our synthetic biology. Be accountable for the pricing, prioritization and sales activity in assigned territory for synthetic biology reagents and services.
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
- Maintain contact with customers to promote new products, close deals, and grow sales, as well as develop new prospects
- Develop strong working relationship with Marketing, Technical Support, Customer Support and Production
- Organize and conduct technical seminars
- Develop a strong working knowledge of assigned products and services as well as applications utilized by our customer base, as well as strong working knowledge of the features and benefits of competitive products
- Develop a working knowledge of funding, market dynamics & end-user needs
- Play an active role within the NA commercial team, to share leads, develop opportunities, contribute to team spirit, and improve account penetration.
- Train/enable/support commercial representatives for base business maintenance and grow key accounts in the sales territory.
- Evaluate, attend and support local trade shows and conferences.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field. A Master degree or PhD in the life sciences is strongly preferred.
- Experience in in Cell and Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Genome Editing (siRNA and CRISPR technologies), Genetics or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years selling experience; Molecular biology reagents and services a plus.
- Strong presence and established track record in field sales.
- Excellent technical skill and experience in molecular biology, cloning, PCR, Protein expression systems.
- Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently.
- Highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to drive field based sales initiatives focused on gaining market share and as well as manage multiple high value, long sales cycle business opportunities.
- Has or will rapidly develop contact with external customers, internal customers as well as all levels of Company employees.
- Extensive travel will be ~50%.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.