When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a Systems Biologist/Biochemist who hasa mindset focused around a holistic understanding of eukaryotic organisms as it pertains to engineering cell culture media, or the organisms themselves, for novel desired outcomes.
• The successful candidate will possess an innovative mindset focused around a holistic understanding of eukaryotic organisms as it pertains to engineering cell culture media, or the organisms themselves, for novel desired outcomes.
• The individual will work directly with the members of the Cell Biology R&D team to support new and on-going projects within the Thermo Fisher product commercialization process.
• Strong organizational and documentation skills will be necessary to support the culture media development needs arising from multiple projects.
• Ability to multitask and maintain a results-oriented focus is essential.
• The candidate will be required to maintain accurate lab notebooks and training files in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards to support patent application and defense as well as other international standards (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.).
• Typical requirements will include preparing and presenting experimental data summaries and protocol writing.
• Perform literature searches related to products under development. Interact with scientists in other business units to troubleshoot problems.
• The successful candidate will comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of relevant academic or industry experience or Master’s degree plus 1-2 years experience.
• Strong knowledge of intracellular pathways and cause/effect relationship of biochemical and/or genetic changes to eukaryotic cell functions
• Demonstrated experience in genome editing for the purposes of attaining desired cellular outcomes
• Knowledge of mammalian and/or insect cell culture techniques
• Demonstrated expertise in the design, optimization and formulation of culture media for mammalian and/or insect cells a plus
• Demonstrated use of Design of Experiment principles for multifactorial experimental design
• Demonstrated track record of completing tasks within established time lines
• Solid technical writing skills
• Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas, achieve results and solve problems.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.