Job Title: Senior Manager, Business Development
Location: Remote-based in the U.S.; east or west coast preferred
Direct reports: none
This position is within the Fisher BioServices business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position is responsible for developing cell therapy clinical and commercial support business for Fisher Bioservices in the US market. They will play a critical role in establishing Fisher BioServices as the “go to brand” for innovative cell therapy solutions. As a key member of the global cell therapy business, the Senior Manager will also be responsible for driving Fisher Bioservices’ strategic cell therapy initiatives, developing new business opportunities, evaluating and executing of strategic collaborations, primarily in the US market. They will work closely with colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Quality/Regulatory functions across the Division to ensure the seamless execution of the Cell Therapy Service Line. Other responsibilities include collaborating with other Thermo Fisher Scientific businesses working in the Cell Therapy market space to optimize alignment and coordination within the Corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy business plan and strategy to maximize US Cell Therapy market penetration.
- Build an impactful sales funnels from prospecting and existing business partnership.
- Attend trade shows and conferences to help prospect for new opportunities and build relationships with potential partners.
- Collaborate with customers to understand their business needs and strategic objectives, build relationships with key decision makers.
- Collaborate closely with internal cross-functional stakeholders within and across BSD and Thermo Fisher to help develop partnering strategy.
- Monitor budgets and financial risks in compliance with organization requirements. Optimize value for money and ensure that compliance with regulatory and financial policies is assured.
- Strong understanding and experience in cell therapy development business
- Excellent leadership, self motivation, interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team and help lead a culture of collaboration and teamwork; ability to forge relationships internally and externally
- Ability to develop/implement strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with intuitive understanding of financial drivers.
- Multi tasking experience, flexibility and a functional understanding of time and priority management with the capability of achieving short term objectives while meeting deadlines and tracking longer-term projects and strategic initiatives to completion in a timely fashion.
- Well developed general business acumen with a thorough understanding of financial data and reporting methodologies, various performance metrics and ROI analyses.
- Expert PowerPoint skills, and experience with Microsoft Project.
- Strong collaborative track record, which includes working within a matrix environment along with the ability to find solutions to a common goal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS in a life science discipline required. MBA and/or graduate degree in a life science discipline preferred.
- 5+ years business development experience, preferably in the cell therapy industry with a track record of sourcing partnership opportunities.
- Requires familiarity with commercial operations, relationship management and marketing tools.
- Prior CMO (contract manufacturing organization) experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of biopharma commercialization is preferred.
- Willing to travel up to 50% in U.S.
- Ability to work in a cold environment with exposure to dry ice, liquid nitrogen cryogenics, hazardous and infectious agents, marked changes in temperature.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.