When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Software Engineer III
Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for a senior software engineer in our Guilford office. The successful candidate will be a contributor to our next-generation sequencing platform, working in a fast-paced and diverse environment, delivering functionalities to meet various product needs and enabling our customers to make the world a healthier and safer place.
Successful candidate will be involved in all phases of the software development cycle, from conception, architect, design, implementation, documentation, to writing shell scripts for deployment and automated tests for the commercial web-based software product. Effective collaboration with various development and management teams for successful delivery of software releases is part of the job.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in Linux, Python, Ansible, Linux shell scripts, RDBMS, SQL, JSON
- 2+ years of web application development in Django, REST and jQuery
- Practitioner of agile development process
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. or MS in computer science or related subject
- Experience in writing automated tests and system & deployment configuration
- Knowledge of molecular biology is a plus
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.