This position is within the Fisher BioServices business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Product Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and managing new and/or existing cell therapy project services by creating and implementing marketing plans, and providing data related to competitors, the market, and revenue forecasting and pricing strategies. The role requires an engineering or science background with technical expertise on instruments and automation development. The product manager will be working closely with internal cell therapy business stakeholders to develop product requirements and specifications, communicate project progress and ensure project delivery on time and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage product/service strategies and guide business planning for future positioning and growth of Fisher BioServices cell therapy services business.
- Perform market research; define market trends, investigate customer needs, customer requirement and product specification.
- Work across functions to develop business opportunities for revenue growth and cost reduction.
- Assist in identifying and developing effective promotional and sales tools and collateral marketing pieces. Coordinate marketing communications activities and plans with the Sales, Marketing and other domestic and international stakeholders to ensure consistency and effectiveness.
- Drive the implementation of new technologies and advanced methodologies to remain on the leading-edge to secure cost advantages, expedite prototyping, and/or provide superior product quality.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision and objectives
- Technical acumen in cell therapy and/or bio processing
- Working knowledge of cGMP regulations.
- Global mindset. Ability to work with teams across the global and cultural difference.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Self-starter with the ability to create and execute plans with minimal supervision. Strong management, project management and planning skills, and comfortable making decisions and embracing changes.
- Ability to articulate and evaluate multiple complex ideas and align others around a recommended course of action; strong communicator to share vision and plans with others.
- Ability to work in matrix organizational structure.
- Ability to build and analyze financial models to forecast and track results.
- Creativity to distill customer requirements, understands competitive strengths and weaknesses, and then develops compelling value propositions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Business required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years product management experience in the healthcare, life sciences, or pharmaceutical industry.
- Cell therapy industry business experience is a plus (cryogenic and ultra-cold storage services)
- Experience leading cross-functional regional marketing and sales teams, and working directly with customers
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time as needed.
- Ability to work in a cold environment with exposure to dry ice, liquid nitrogen cryogenics, hazardous and infectious agents, marked changes in temperature.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.