How You Will Make a Difference:
This position will act as a trusted resource and engineering expert to the LED Global Operations team and be responsible for analyzing technical information, evaluating technical and process capability of sub-contract manufacturers, defining and executing strategies pertaining to LED’s manufacturing OEM and Sub-Contract strategies globally with a clear and forward looking view of the financial, technical and product design impact of actions.
What You Will Get to Do:
• Be on a fast paced, highly visible team that will drive world class operational competitive advantage through strategic project identification, justification and implementation of OEM and Sub-Contract manufacturing throughout the Division.
• Analyze current and future products for highest quality – lowest cost innovative sourcing options.
• Identify and manage OEM /SC suppliers in concert with the Supply Chain team.
• Manage the technical relationship for OEM / SC suppliers throughout the products’ life cycle to maximize value and limit supply risk, while ensuring internal stakeholders' requirements are met.
• Work closely with the business product managers, quality, finance, sourcing, R&D organization and New Product Introduction teams to manage products long-term direction and life cycle.
• Applies engineering principles and expertise during project development and in support of other departments as needed. Produces engineering designs for projects to improve safety, operation, maintenance, and profitability within standards and environmental regulations.
• Pro-actively conduct market analysis / benchmarking, track market trends and emerging technologies, and develop metrics to manage supplier performance
• Apply superior process engineering knowledge throughout the product life cycle: development, scale-up and scale-out, technology transfer, process validation, manufacturing, filing, and process optimization.
• Functions as a process and technology subject matter expert; provide on-the-floor and on-site technical support when required.
• Work collaboratively with other enterprise-wide team members to provide input to other category source plans and to ensure alignment of goals and priorities.
• Integrate business strategy with product development and operations execution.
• Work through counterparts within R&D, Business Units and Sites to support long term OEM plans and preparation of projects to support global operations goals.
• Responsible for design, development, implementation and analysis of technical products and systems.
• Author experimental designs, technology transfer documents, validation protocols/ reports, non-conformances, investigations, and filings.
• Supports Sales, Marketing, and Manufacturing departments through the initiation and implementation of continuous process improvements.
• Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
• Coordinates the implementation of significant process modifications and the use of new raw materials.
• Assures all process and/or raw material changes are validated before implementation.
• Performs engineering design evaluations.
• Exhibits a high level of visibility in the manufacturing areas and hands on approach.
• Practices good project management and cost control.
• Responsible for maintaining our quality standards and requirements in all aspects and performance of the job function.
• Will apply statistical and financial techniques to quantify and document improvements.
• Position will require strong interpersonal skills. Will be required to interact with hourly, supervisory, technical, managerial and support representatives within the Company and with OEM and subcontracting suppliers.
• Global travel up to 20%.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required with a minimum of three years related experience.
• Expertise in development/characterization, technology transfer, scale-up/out, manufacturing, and regulatory requirements.
• Able to apply engineering principles and statistical analysis, including design of experiments, in order to resolve processing issues and evaluate process improvement opportunities.
• Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills, including issue resolution, root cause investigations, and CAPA.
• Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others through lean manufacturing concepts such as Value Stream Mapping, Continuous Flow, Mixed Model Sequencing, Pull Systems, Visual Control, 5S, and Setup Reduction.
• Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
• Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
• Demonstrated project management skills
• High-level Excel skills including use of Pivot tables and VLOOKUP functionality.
• Possess team-building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of people.
• Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with peers, and upper management.
• Ability to drive businesses to improved processes and performance.
• Excellent communication skills: ability to present analytical results in verbal and written form.
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.