When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The HR Manager for the Allschwil Clinical Services team provides direct partnering across functional teams for allocated Business Units and departments and is dedicated to providing proactive support related to the business’s priorities, employee’s needs, and the HR team’s objectives. The HR Manager will coordinate and work closely with both onsite HR staff and wider company HR service delivery groups to ensure the successful implementation of core HR processes and HR projects/initiatives.
- Works in partnership with HR Business Partners and other HR members to influence and achieve strategic priorities for Clinical Services functions such as Operations, Client Services, QualityAssurance, etc...
- Provides HR consultancy and support in many areas including:
- Employee Relations
- OD & Change Management
- Employee Engagement & Culture
- Talent and Performance Management
- Career and Leadership Development
- Reward & Recognition
- Recruitment & Induction: Pro-actively works with managers to support the appointment of people with the right capability through the whole lifecycle of recruitment, induction and onboarding. Manages the relationship with 3rd party temporary/contract workforce agency.
- Pro-actively manages (or engages with local HR teams) on a range of operational HR issues such as leave of absence management, time and attendance practices and disciplinary processes ensuring legal and procedural compliance. Pro-actively supports performance management and coaches line managers in optimum use of talent and performance approaches.
- Supports the annual compensation review process and works with line managers to ensure that performance links are made. Supports and initiates opportunities to improve recognition and fairness onsite.
- Develops frameworks to support the provision of appropriate development and training, in response to Talent Reviews. Ensures the completion of talent related processes across Manager and Employee populations, as defined by HRBPs.
- Works on a variety of projects and in some cases serves as the project manager relating to the development and implementation of HR programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; completion of, or progress towards, an advanced degree preferred
- Mother tongue German and very good English language and communication skills
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
- 5+ years of proven HR generalist experience, ideally in a global or regional matrix organization.
- Extensive exposure to a wide range of employee relations issues and a heavy, proactive service delivery focus.
- A high degree of confidentiality, respect for other, and tact are required.
- Resilient under pressure
- Effective influencing and consulting skills in a challenging operational or manufacturing environment desired.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with demonstrable experience of delivery to a demanding client group.
- Excellent technical skills, knowledge of Excel, and the use of current HRIS tools (i.e. Workday)
- Comfortable working in a demanding environment with multiple priorities and stakeholders.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com. *IND-EMEA