When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Director of Global Benefits manages the strategy development, design, financial analysis and compliance of all of US benefit programs, including health and welfare, retirement and executive benefits. This leader is responsible for oversight of benefit programs outside the US including retirement and health and welfare benefits. Recommends new and or improved employee benefit plans and cost-savings measures. Ensures compliance with all legal requirements. Supports VP, Employee Benefits with consultation on benefit matters to senior executive team and Pension Committee. Works closely and partners with Senior Director of Compensation & Benefits in EMEA as well as other members of the Global Benefits Center of Excellence (COE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and provides financial oversight of all US employee benefit programs which comprise: Health and welfare plans include medical, prescription drug, dental, EAP, life, disability; retirement includes, 401(k), US and global pension plans and ESPP plan and executive benefits includes supplemental life, disability and nonqualified deferred compensation.
- Partners with Benefits COE to deliver on the global benefits strategy for our businesses outside the US, including harmonization of current plans, and planning a strategy framework to decide how to design, finance and deliver plans globally.
- Responsible for managing our global broker of record and global consulting teams.
- Analyzes existing benefits/HR policies and prevailing practices among similar organizations to establish competitive benefits programs.
- Identifies all consequences of any benefit change considering multiple constituencies – company, sector level, business unit, internal functions (tax ,legal, audit etc.) i.e., be proactive with change not reactive.
- Oversees the implementation, communication and legal soundness of all benefits and 401(k) programs. Works closely with the HR1 Shared Services Team to ensure smooth operations of all benefits.
- Develops, maintains and reports statistical data regarding current plans, proposed changes, costs/expenditures and delivery methods.
- Monitors and analyzes tax and governmental legislation, economic trends as they relate to company plans to ensure continued and accurate compliance.
- Provide leadership, supervision and guidance to staff serving as a problem solver, mediator and coach.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Interviews, hires and trains employees; plans, assigns and directs work; assesses performance and takes the necessary action to achieve peak performance. Coaches employees relative to career and team development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program required, with majors in business, finance or related field preferred. MBA is desirable.
- 10 years progressive experience in Global Pension Plans including funding and compliance
- 10 years progressive experience in Health & Welfare Plans including financial analysis, design, healthcare management and strategy
- Excellent financial acumen
- Ability to effectively manage vendor relationships to achieve business synergies
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience managing M&A projects
- Ability to manage competing requirements throughout the organization
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to build and lead a team of benefits professionals
- Ability to influence others in a service-oriented environment
- CEBS designation desired
This position has been approved for relocation assistance