Job Title: Safety Specialist
Reports To: Regional Manager
Group/Division: Customer Channels Group / Research and Safety Division
Career Band: 6
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: UK, (territory - Cambridge, North Wales, East Anglia, North and Scotland)
- Achieve or exceed safety product sales and margin targets for your designated territory for a defined subset of safety products.
- Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for safety products in a specified sales group to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met by using company defined financial models.
- Maintain effective customer relationships and assure continued market penetration and profitability by making in depth calls to end user and purchasing contacts.
- Use communication and influencing skills to effectively utilize internal resources and maximize selling time.
- Work to drive safety product sales to support supplier partnerships and actively promote core products and value added services.
- Work closely with fellow sales team members and promote the sales of safety products through joint workdays and training seminars focused on the subset of safety products support by the safety program.
- Execute account strategies for Program Accounts as communicated by Industry Directors and for Non-Program accounts as determined by you and your Group Sales Director.
- Identify and satisfy customer requirements and meet the needs of valued business opportunities related to safety products.
- Provide feedback using verbal and written reporting tools to the business on customers, competitor activity, promotions etc, to agreed timescales and in agreed format as directed by your Group Sales Director.
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of the sales force automation system (SalesLogix or Salesforce.com), personal expenses and mileage capture for company car drivers. Ensure detail is accurate, provided in accordance with company procedures and on time.
- Develop and maintain a rounded understanding of the sales positioning of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its products within the various markets in which we operate. Using this knowledge, effectively leverage the strengths and breadth of the organization by building and maintaining an effective network of connections within the Thermo Fisher Scientific organization.
- Establish relationships with key suppliers and negotiate improved terms as and when possible to increase profitability to the company.
- Review, maintain and manage compliance to key performance indicators. To include, but not limited to, sales performance, call planning, call rate and opportunity management and follow up.
- Maintain a high level of business knowledge relevant to the group managed including competitor activity.
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of a sales force automation solution and expenses.
- In depth knowledge of safety applications, processes and product across a wide range of sectors including industrial pharmaceutical and academic segments, particularly where there is a sound understanding of the current marketplace for safety products.
- The ability to travel extensively within the group to meet customer needs, achieve sales and profitability targets and also to attend regional and national meetings.
- Good organizational/team work, time management, communication, presentation, strategic selling and negotiating skills.
- An ability to deliver a comprehensive value proposition to meet customer needs which includes all relative components of the company’s capabilities.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, sales force automation a plus.
- Outgoing and confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings including one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations, across all sectors in which we operate.
- This Role operates within a Matrix environment requiring the post holder to work effectively with multiple stakeholders, to manage both competing requirements and concurrent project activity. Strong project, time and stakeholder management competency is therefore essential to maintain several priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Strong work-ethic, the ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Demonstrated 4-I values (integrity, intensity, innovation and involvement).
- Effectively perform your duties while acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- You are required to be smartly presented at all times and have a professional approach when dealing with customers and key stakeholders.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Degree level education in the related field is essential.
- English: Full professional proficiency in addition to local language.
- Relevant experience.
- Full driver’s license.