Field Applications Scientist - Protein Expression
Job ID :
United Kingdom - Remote / Field
- Works closely with Marketing and Product Management to identify and connect with key customers for product introduction and placement
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences
- Plans and performs product demonstrations at customer sites
- Participates in the field test site determination and/or execution process.
- Represents Cell Biology division of ThermoFisher Scientific at conferences and vendor shows to present products and customer application feedback.
- Work independently and with Technical Specialists and/or Sales Representatives on sales calls in customers' laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Partners with Marketing to identify top influential leaders in academia and industry to credential Thermo Fisher Scientific protein expression products via testimonials, events or webinars
- Generate and record opportunities related to the Thermo Fisher workflow
- Demonstrates basic operating and troubleshooting procedures for Thermo Fisher protein expression workflow.
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints.
- Independently manages or partners on joint calls in customers' laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries or escalations related to protein expression workflow.
- Provides start-up applications training to customers in their laboratories or as an instructor at Life Technology training centers and other venues.
- Coordinates cross-functional engagements for significant situations that require unique and/or urgent response from customer facing team members.
- Plans and delivers user meetings in house or in the field.
- Provides consultative support to existing and experienced customers
- Provides and continuously update customer contact relevant information. Track, record and document relevant information from all technical enquires from customers
Other Roles & Responsibilities
- Reports on activities in the field on a regular basis to Manager through written reports and regular telephone conversations.
- Reports on technical trends by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
- Provides reports to product management and marketing on new applications, claims and expansion of product capabilities
- Stays current on scientific and industry trends and innovations.
- Actively and continuously works with Cell Biology R&D to maintain deep technical expertise on protein expression products, including attending new and refresher hands on training in R&D labs in US and other locations as appropriate
- Leads inter-departmental projects
- Helps mentor team members and new hire education
- Helps to support training of local technical support and technical sales teams on Cell Biology protein expression products
- Accountable for managing expenses, scheduling and tracking activities.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.