Responsibilities/Duties: Includes but not limited to the following
- Responsible for process engineering project management and reporting; including project timelines and ahead/behind tracking. Responsible for implementation and integration of new processes into production ensuring robust process controls are in place for producing repeatable quality products. Maintain existing documentation for products and processes.
- Responsible for staffing training, budgeting, and directing the Process Engineering group.
- Responsible to clearly define expectations for all staff linking the goal tree to operational priorities to include safety, quality, delivery and cost. Manage the PMD process for all staff and define tactical and strategic organizational change to drive execution.
- Ensure monthly training/safety meetings with all associates are “quality events” and are completed on time.
- Accountable for safety including adherence to all OSHA requirements on existing and purchased equipment (machines). Responsible to audit safety compliance based on established procedures. Develops PFEMA analysis for primary processes and new programs.
- Responsible for molding machine and auxiliary/secondary equipment selection, justification, & acquisition. Responsible verification, validation and establishing process for new equipment & molds with control guidance for manufacturing, insuring that processes and products released to manufacturing meet established product specifications. Integrates with quality and manufacturing to ensure process monitoring & audits result in product conforming to specifications. Responsible for assisting in mold selection and maintenance, working with tool room management to define P/M and mold maintenance requirements.
- Responsible for annual CIP as it relates to scrap, productivity and associated cost reductions. Investigates and participates in process to establish goals and implementation for reduction in scrap, improved productivity, and quick change over processes, etc. Establishes practice to manage, monitor and react to processes that are out of tolerance.
- Lead and manage mold builds, modification and repair work with internal and external vendors.
- Responsible for preparing tooling specifications, RFQ’s with updated and/or new drawings and specifications including GD&T
- Interact with tooling vendors, sourcing, product management, etc. to obtain quotes, award PO’s, approve tool designs and coordinate the actual tool construction on time and on budget.
- Perform needed capacity studies, press loading etc…
- Establish optimal cycle times for all tools, develop and maintain cycle time chart for all tool.
- Establish Process Monitoring and assure that it is being completed.
- Assist and support other Plant Management team members as required.
Job Knowledge: 5 – 10 years demonstrated experience in manufacturing or manufacturing engineering disciplines. Position requires a broad and diverse range of technical knowledge and experience in mechanical, electrical, hydraulics and pneumatics. Proficient in process auditing, and statistical waste reduction techniques. Knowledgeable in data collection, measuring, control charts, analysis, improvement and control. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience: Bachelors of Science Degree or advanced degree in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering from an accredited higher learning institution, with 10+ years related experience in plastics field. 8-10 years experience including responsibility in related engineering management position. Strong leadership skills with focus on team building. Excellent technical skills including demonstrated leadership, organization, and planning. Strong oral & written communication skills.
Initiative and Ingenuity: A self starter who can effectively work within a rapid paced lean environment. Comfortable working in a rapid changing environment. Must be capable of resolving complex problems. Expected to perform independent of constant supervision.
Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization. Must have a bias for action and a continuous improvement mindset Strong analytical skills. Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates peers and upper management.
Physical Effort: Lifting of 50lbs or more not anticipated. Normal office and manufacturing floor environment.
Hazards: Normal manufacturing plant operations. Working environment may require safety shoes and glasses
Working Conditions: Travel may be frequent in support of assigned projects and supplier development. Normal office environment with significant time spent on the manufacturing floor.