About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands, Invitrogen, Applied Biosystems, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
The Account Manager, Forensics position is responsible for significantly continuing to develop the company's Human Identification business. The position will require Account Manager to deliver world class total sales account management for the entire Thermo Fisher Scientific HID workflow portfolio. The Account Manager will work closely with Customer Support, Application Specialist, Service, Training, HID Professional Services, Marketing and all internal teams to identify opportunities for improved adoption, penetration, leadership, and performance of HID portfolio within current customers and potential expanded customer bases. The successful candidate would combine sales skills, technical expertise and overall territory leadership with a proven record of excellence. The individual would be responsible for the direct selling of the company's products to HID/Forensic accounts in an assigned territory, which will be regionally based. Primary objective will be to drive Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support strategy in both direct territory and in support of North America team.
Primary responsibilities include: 1) Field Sales Account Management; 2) Developing effective sales strategies and execution of strategies to increase penetration of HID(direct and indirect) products within North America sales territory; 3) Understanding and assessing customers’ goals/objectives, strategies and, building value propositions that represent solutions with our support and product portfolio.
- Meet or exceed assigned territory sales quota for HID/Forensic products by working to maintain and grow sales in current geographical accounts by identifying and closing business.
- Develop and assess new and existing sales strategies and opportunities for the company's existing and new HID/Forensic products with sales management and marketing, specifically focusing on the optimized workflows and total solutions.
- Develop account/territory level sales plans and coordinating all activities within HID/Forensic accounts through team selling opportunities.
- Develop key account plans and coordinates all activities within HID/Forensic accounts through team selling opportunities, with specific strategy on all accounts.
- Submit written monthly forecast and opportunity reports with focus on accuracy.
- Maintain and enhance sales skills through technical and sales training.
- Develop a territory database and yearly sales activity/business plan.
- Maintain and enhances technical knowledge on company product lines, company literature and competition.
- Participate as a team member for product marketing and new product development strategy meetings.
- Takes lead role in coordinating activities for regional HID/Forensic specific scientific seminars, conferences, and symposiums as required.
- HID/Forensic Team Account Managers
- Technical, Customer Support, Product Management, R&D, Operational, and Marketing teams
- Service engineers and management
- Technical Support
- HID Field Application Specialists
- Must have the skills to effectively develop knowledge of accounts and key customers in assigned territory, and to interpret customer's needs and identify solutions.
- Strong technical skills needed to communicate HID (direct/indirect) product portfolio for HID Forensic labs.
- Strong team-selling skills to successfully work with other company representatives to increase core and overall sales revenue in HID/ Forensic accounts.
- Strong analytical skills to assess and prioritize territory/account sales opportunities and develop sales and/or product forecasts.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, either through customer interaction or presentations to clearly articulate company/division value propositions.
- Strong organizational skills in communicating & coordinating all activities in the customer base being managed.
- In-depth industry knowledge of the HID/Forensic market.
- Overall product knowledge and relevant applications for all product lines associated with the HID/Forensics market.
- Knowledge of competitor products and differentiating features products.
- In-depth understanding of customer business, goals and objectives, strategies, and needs.
- Understanding customer decision making process and key decision makers and influencers.
Additional Job Abilities
- Requires the ability to perform independently and as part of a team.
- Envision, develop, document and lead sales campaigns.
- Identify opportunities, risks, and resources required to deliver business results.
- Manage and direct resources aimed at clearly articulated account objectives.
- Build long-term strategic and executive relationships.
- Effectively communicate compelling features and benefits of the solutions and services to customers.
- Identify problems and execute sales process improvements.
- Build and articulate customer value propositions.
- Instill customer satisfaction that is recognizable and valuable to the customer.
- Ability to balance and prioritize the requirements of several internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or equivalent experience.
- Completion of graduate level coursework or advanced degree preferred.
- Requires at least 5 years of successful sales (and/or support) experience of analytical instruments and/or related consumable products.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 60%.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job duties are performed in various field locations, generally within assigned territory, including customer laboratories and offices. Territory includes California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona .
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.