Job Title: HR Manager
Reports To: Sr. Director, HR
Position Location: Center Valley, PA
Number of Direct Reports: 0
The HR Manager for the BioPharma Services Division (BSD) will advance people strategies and solutions aligned with short and long term goals of the business. As a critical member of the HR team, you will assist with delivering the people and culture agenda to include ensuring effective deployment of our core HR processes, talent development, leadership development and building talent capabilities at all levels. Based on a deep understanding of business objectives, customer needs and the competitive landscape, you will become a trusted advisor for both managers and employees. The development and execution of global workforce analytics will be a key component of this role. The Human Resources Manager will report directly to the Senior HR Director.
- Provide value-added coaching and guidance with a focus on capability building, employee engagement, talent and performance management.
- Ensure the delivery and consistency of core HR processes in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, compensation, succession planning etc.
- Contribute to driving an ambitious agenda for the functional teams through sound decision making, best in class HR practices and an attention to HR service delivery improving the client experience for both managers and employees.
- Responsible for gathering data from numerous sources, synthesizing information and presenting it to the leadership team in order to make informed decisions on workforce strategy.
- Proactively assess management development and training needs, ensuring the delivery of appropriate training linked to individual growth and key business objectives.
- Assist with talent reviews and succession planning with managers and work with Senior HR Director to implement plans and measure progress.
- Support the process for development and measurement of the BSD Talent Strategy and serve as custodian for the communication, tracking and progress reporting regularly
- Evolve the current tools and operating rhythm for managing the people related topics for all HRLT and BSD executive meetings including content and presentations for ELT meetings, quarterly business reviews, monthly business reviews and leadership events.
- Develop and maintain actionable people dashboards, related metrics and HR system governance required in the HR function.
- Support HR leadership team activities both onsite and globally.
- Participate in and potentially lead, large scale projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; completion of or progress towards an advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of proven HR generalist experience, ideally in a global or regional matrix organization.
- Effective in working with peers, business partners, and other colleagues – embracing different people and cultures to positively impact business performance and foster strong team work and inclusion. A high degree of confidentiality, resiliency, respect for others and tact are required.
- The ability to focus on collaboration within and across the business/function and understand end-to-end implications of decisions; leverages sound decision making and strong judgment even under challenging circumstances.
- Frames the right holistic questions to “connect the dots” and makes priorities accordingly, balancing strategic and operational needs; delivers on commitments and trusted to follow through.
- Business acumen. Ability to quickly learn, understand, and remain current on the drivers to company performance, the industry, customer segments, the company value proposition and how the business retains competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Results oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Understands the workforce demographics, critical capabilities, and trends impacting the specific business units and functions being supported and supports the HRLT on workforce planning.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; easily demonstrates for stakeholders capability in creating sustainable results.
- Effective consultative and influencing skills in a challenging, global environment desired
- Excellent technical skills (i.e. MS Word, PPT, Excel, Visio) and the use of current HRIS tools (i.e. Workday)
- Comfortable working in a demanding environment with multiple priorities and stakeholders.