When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best.
As the leading supplier of life science technology and related applications, we are helping life scientists understand and use the power of biology to pursue new scientific discoveries. If you are interested in a challenging career in one of the fastest moving fields today, you have come to the right place.
- Design assays for custom targeted sequencing panels for external and internal researchers
- Develop novel design strategies for complex, cutting edge applications
- Develop, maintain, and operate bioinformatics pipelines for assay design, data mining and analysis
- Improve the designs by iterative analysis of the sequencing data obtained. Develop heuristic rules and algorithms to improve the design pipeline.
- Analyze sequence data and mine public databases for sequence content.
- Work with the software team to deploy customer facing design pipelines
- Collaborate closely with the molecular biologists, product management, sales, experimental researchers and other members of the Bioinformatics team
- Work closely with external customers to understand and provide the best design solution that meets their needs
- This position requires the knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a MS/PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Genomics or related field. Three years of relevant working experience is required.
- The candidate must have experience in Perl programming, shell scripting and SQL.
- The following are also required: hands-on experience with the relevant sequence analysis tools (e.g. Blast, Clustalw, bowtie, etc.); an excellent understanding of genomic databases and their annotations (GenBank, RefSeq, ENSEMBL, dbSNP, UCSC genome browser); a good understanding of the biology behind genotyping, gene expression profiling, comparative genomics and genetic mapping; an appreciation of the use of statistical methods and mathematical models in the interpretation of biological data; experience with next generation sequencing data
- Excellent communication and organization skills are highly desirable
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.