When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: inventory management, order management, chemical management, waste management, glassware washing, material handling, cylinder management, and media preparation. This position will utilize the advanced functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: RIMS, chemical management software, procurement applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have an understanding of performance metrics, and the ability to capture necessary data pertaining to individuals or team activities. Data integrity and attention to detail are paramount.
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Sr. Manager regarding daily duties.
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Demonstrates proficiency at capturing, presenting and explaining job or site specific performance metrics
- Communicates any customer issues or potential problems
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Attend required training sessions.
- Participate in projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Inventory Management:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Sourcing/Order Management:
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
- Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
- Chemical Management:
- Receive, register and track all chemical containers throughout the facility.
- Perform routine audits of chemical inventory database.
- Provide chemical inventory reports upon request.
- Distribute chemicals throughout facility and upon request.
- Follow all safety guidelines related to the handling and movement of chemical containers.
- Glassware Washing:
- Daily pickup of dirty glassware from labs, wash and sterilize and redistribute to satellite storage areas.
- Provide glass washing and sterilization services maintaining a constant supply of clean and sterile lab glass.
- Maintain glass wash schedules and is flexible to handle emergencies.
- Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches contacting the Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead with all pertinent information for replacement.
- Maintain glass wash statistics as decided upon by Thermo Fisher Scientific and customer.
- Maintain inventory of glassware in locations throughout the facility.
- Maintain required supplies for glassware washing and sterilization operations.
- Follow all GLP/GMP guidelines as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Willingness and ability to work in a wide variety of environments
- Ability to establish and foster positive customer relationships
- Strong communication skills and proactive approach in all duties
- Demonstrate expertise in the ability to identify inefficiencies in any process and make recommendations for improvement
- Ability to instantly adapt to a flexible and changing schedule.
- Ability to self-manage and operate independently.
- Display a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing work assignments.
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability for site coverage duties.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; computer skills/Microsoft office.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific Managed Services business
- Operationally strong in all Thermo Fisher Scientific applications
- Three to five years of progressive relevant experience
- Trained on forklift operation
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
This position will be based in San Diego, CA.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.