- Process orders received from Fisher Scientific LLC subsidiaries from overseas.
- Reviews orders for completeness, including orders placed online; export compliance and company policies.
- Monitors orders for timely delivery and works with suppliers to expedite. Keeps customers advised of delivery updates.
- Provide back order reports as needed and notifies customers of any irregularities or delivery delays of items and the proper remedies that will be required.
- Prepares quotations and includes freight charges, if required.
- Knowledge of documentation requirements, acceptable payment terms and mode of shipment for assigned countries.
- Document order instructions to ensure proper preparation of export documentation and routing.
- Maintains orders with proper holds to update status. Maintains order comments with current information.
- Researches and responds to inquiries within defined time limits.
- Knowledge of procedure to ship hazardous materials.
- Attends internal/external training as necessary, which will include all products, Export Documentation, Export Compliance and any other function that relates to work duties.
- Processes requests for returns due to non-technical reasons.
- Participates in Practical Process Improvement (PPI).
- 1+ years of international customer service related experience including export compliance, documentation and/or logistics.
- Some college and/or job related coursework.
- Proficiency with standard computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and an email program such as Microsoft Outlook or Excel.
- Must have practical technical knowledge of export procedures to be able to process quotations.
- Must possess clear, concise writing and speaking skills to be able to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, freight forwarders and other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with an AS400 system.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with angry customers and relate well to others in the organization.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, with attention to detail to be able to prioritize and manage assigned workload on time and accurately.
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.