The Regional Centrifugation Specialist is responsible for meeting and exceeding his or her assigned geographic territory forecast. ( South East) This will be accomplished by aggressively pursing new sales opportunities, partnering with their corresponding Territory Sales Managers to drive sales, providing appropriate training for their Territory Sales Manager peers, and by effectively establishing strong business relationships with our current and future client base. The Regional Centrifugation Team Leader will also be responsible for developing and continually updating effective written strategic business plans for their assigned region to ensure that we are expanding our market share at the defined growth rate. The Regional Centrifugation Team Leader has additional responsibility for seeking out new business potentials for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s other divisions and engaging all appropriate sales personnel to achieve maximum results for the company in total.
- Market assigned centrifugation products in assigned geographic territory by using exceptional selling skills to exceed pre-established territory forecasts.
- Partner with their corresponding Territory Sales Managers to look for and close centrifugation sales opportunities. Train the Territory Sales Managers and channel partners to be more self-sufficient and competitive in their geographies
- Continually promote Thermo Scientific’s breadth of product offerings on all sales calls to achieve maximum client solution opportunities and greater sales potentials for the company.
- Develop detailed business plans for their assigned geography in order to achieve required sales growth. To be reviewed quarterly with the Regional Sales Director.
- Aggressively pursue opportunities for Thermo “Discovery Days” and take a company leadership role to engage other divisions.
- Participate as a team member in all assigned corporate and focus account initiatives.
- Consistently update the company CRM sales funnel reports of projected bookings to assist in monthly company sales forecasting and product build plans.
- Provide commitments of expected bookings on a monthly and quarterly basis and assume ownership of accuracy.
- Aggressively pursue new laboratory selling opportunities and correctly identify same on all quotation submittals.
- Control expenses against pre-established budget and submit required reports on a timely basis.
- Bachelors Degree with emphasis in the Life Sciences preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of highly successful laboratory sales experience required.
- Prior experience selling centrifugation equipment is desired
- 60% travel
- Must have a working knowledge of the applications that utilize centrifugation instrumentation
- Must have an exceptional understanding of our markets and be knowledgeable of diverse laboratory product applications.
- Strong knowledge of assigned account base.
- Exceptional analytical capability and problem solving skill.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and influence others to achieve results.
- Self motivated with bias for action
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business.
- Evidence of professional presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel to accomplish assigned goals.
- Specialized knowledge of capital procurement processes within government, biopharmaceutical, educational, clinical, and industrial markets
- Good proficiency in PC software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)