Not a real posting - for testing purposes only.
Position that is focused primarily on the capture of complete and accurate instrument information to support asset Management Services. This position will utilize the basic functionality of systems and applications such as: Inventory Capture database, Maximo, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. The tools that will be employed would include various scanners and desktop computers. This position plays a critical role in supporting site initiatives to enhance client satisfaction, account profitability and retention. The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator and effectively develop and maintain positive working relationship.
- Utilize inventory tools to capture asset data in laboratory environment
- Export and analyze data for proper data cleansing to prepare for submission
- Responsible for complete and accurate data input to Resource Center database.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with clients and Thermo Fisher staff.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty and overall asset data integrity and accuracy
- Develop action plans and tracking mechanisms to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory guidelines are met specific to asset management and services program to include all facets of inventory management through provided tools.
- Drive problem resolution and escalation at account as needed.
- Adhere to all Thermo Fisher and customer security and safety procedures.
- Support opportunities to identify and leverage other Thermo Fisher products and services.
- Participate or lead PPI project teams as assigned to improve business performance.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned by Thermo Fisher management.
- Travel to multiple client locations as applicable to support account needs, up to 80% of the time
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Experience in a customer facing position
- Proficient PC skills and ability to effectively use Windows based software.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must display a high level of confidentiality for both the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics 4I Values
- Ability to travel locally up to 80% of the time
- Ability to travel overnight up to 10% of the time
- Valid Driver’s license and safe driving record
- Experience in Life Sciences or Healthcare environment
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Build strong, professional client relationships.
- Team oriented
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize work based on business and client needs.
- Ability to make commitments, track and communicate progress, and follow through until completion.
- Results oriented
- Physical Activity: Walking, sitting, standing, kneeling, crouching, lifting, PC work, repetitive motions, feeling, grasping, pulling, pushing, and hearing.
- Level of Physical Requirements: Light to medium work.
- Level of Visual Acuity: Clerical, professional, administrative.
- Environmental Conditions: Inside environmental conditions (office, labs, hospitals, facilities) which consist of noise, and hazards.
- Required to travel by airplane and automobile for meetings and training as necessary.
- Interaction with Other Employees:
- Interactions will consist of face-to-face meetings, telephone, email, Web X meetings and presentations, as well as other electronic means as necessary with sales, service/support personnel, operations, finance, management, cross-divisional personnel, and vendor representatives.
- Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Demonstrated success in a Customer facing position
This position will be based onsite at a customer location in Lawrenceville, New Jersey, with local travel required up to 80% and overnight travel up to 10%.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.