When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Program Manager is a high-impact position with goals focused on driving a project portfolio that reshapes global operations in support of our vision and strategy (STRAP). Leading teams across the division’s business units and in close coordination with all key stakeholders, the Program Manager brings consistency, integrity and intensity into strategy-critical project identification, initiation, planning and implementation activities.
- Coordinates global cross-functional teams and facilitates a highly organized and controlled project approval, planning and implementation process.
- Ensures actions and commitments between Thermo Fisher Scientific and contractors and suppliers are appropriately planned, monitored and controlled
- Responsible for product and manufacturing process development and transfer for new slides and specialty glass products using project management best practices.
- Represent Manufacturing and Operations on new product introduction teams.
- Oversee the activities of all operations aspects involved in new product development to ensure a robust transfer to Manufacturing.
- Partner with Innovation team, Tech Ops (Manufacturing Sciences and Engineering), and Manufacturing work centers to deliver highly reproducible products and processes.
- Develop and maintain detailed plans and schedules for all tasks owned by Manufacturing/Operations.
- Perform manufacturing process design reviews and risk assessments.
- Generation and maintenance of the Manufacturability Index both as a separate deliverable and as part of the Operations Report.
- Prepare reports and conduct reviews for Manufacturing/Operations readiness.
- Prepare written work instructions and manufacturing product documentation.
- Implement developmental outputs into product infrastructure, manufacturing process, documentation and procedures.
- Effective communication of progress and challenges to all project stakeholders including, but not limited to, the project core team, functional department managers/supervisors, and extended team members.
- Manage multiple projects using project management best practices.
- Manage communication and deliverables of cross-site/external site projects
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors in Engineering is required.
- PMP certification and/or Master's degree/advanced degree preferred and at least 10 years related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Experience managing cross functional teams strongly preferred.
- Experience in managing portfolio of projects is significant plus. 5 years of relevant industry experience, with 2 years of project management experience preferred
- Good communication skills across all organization levels, including excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability and experience coordinating decisions and activity across business functions
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Windows based office software
- 20%-30% travel
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the complex technical, business, and legal documents.
- Understanding of financial parameters like ROI, NPD preferred.
- Competency in project planning tools required.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to senior management.
- Problem solving capabilities, decision making.
- Strategic thinking and experience in optimizing global deployment of processes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight time and budget constraints.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels.
- Ability to facilitate teamwork.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.