Job Title: Sr. Manager, Asset Management
Requisition ID: 42782BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
Lead the company’s initiatives for instrument take-back and refurbishment as well as the harvesting of high value parts in concert with the instrument business and the service organization respectively. Position will be responsible for developing and operationalizing all related policies, objectives, plans and procedures for the Global Instrument Takeback initiative in partnership with business leaders
- Create and maintain program for timely closure of all return authorizations (RAs)
- Connect with customers for prompt removal of trade-ins, returns or dead on arrival (DOA) instruments
- Create and operationalize system for early triage of instrument returns; Consider return destination: disposal, refurbishment, storage or part harvest
- Develop an evolving program for instrument high value parts harvesting in collaboration with the service team.
- Manage inventory levels of refurbished instruments and R-parts
- Develop metrics and establish goals for take back, refurb sales and R-Parts utilization
- Collaborate with businesses to enable growth in the refurbished business line in the appropriate markets. Pioneer take back / closing the loop processes with financial gains for our instrument business – extending revenue through instrument life refurbishment and resale
- Manage and become abreast of the Waste Electric and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) legislation in EU; Monitor and manage compliance with similar upcoming regulations in other regions
- Understand and manage the WEEE accounting obligations and liabilities on our balance sheet
- Lead efforts to identify outside partnerships with Third-Party vendor/electronic recycler that will dispose of returned instruments and even become the contractor to harvest parts and refurb instruments.
- Understand and drive better business processes for the existing warehouses in the network storing returned instruments and parts
- Influence R&D and engineering at instrument design and development process to incorporate end-of-life considerations (e.g., ease of disassembly for refurbishment, reclamation, recovery, resale)
- Engage leaders in R&D, Procurement, Manufacturing, Service, Marketing, Regulatory to promote the business value and profitability of refurbished instrument sales and R-Parts utilization.
A minimal 4-year degree or equivalent professional experience in engineering or instrument design
- 8 or more years of professional experience in instrument business operations
- 2 or more years of experience in leading or participating in environmental initiatives, e.g., Design-for-Environment, global take back programs, RoHS, WEEE) for electrical or electronic equipment.
- Requires the ability to manage large-scale projects. Strong interpersonal and communications skills, organizational and planning abilities needed to handle multiple tasks concurrently. Excellent computer (spreadsheet, database) skills, with the flexibility to learn web technology, Agile, and SAP.
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions.
- Is strategic, astute and forward-thinking.
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo.
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity.
- Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes.
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others.
- Stretches across borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to travel up to 25% Travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.