LSG, a division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is looking for a Financial Analyst supporting the Cell Biology organization to work in our Carlsbad, CA location. The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple high priority projects, to conduct detailed and insightful analysis, and to build strong relationships with internal clients.
The Financial Analyst, Cell Biology will be responsible for the monthly close and forecasting process for both revenue and operating expense for the Cell Biology organization. Specific activities include:
• Track revenue by customer, product line, and business channel on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and compare to annual operating plan.
• Prepare financial reports and presentations summarizing Cell Biology performance on revenue, margins, operating expenses and capital expenditures.
• Work closely with Cell Biology business partners and business leaders to effectively monitor and forecast operating expenses and to evaluate risks and upsides to forecasts.
• Complete analytics around revenue trends, realized price, market changes, and performance by Business segment.
• Support Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for team by facilitating revenue and margin target setting, interim roll-ups and year over year comparison by product line, by Business segment, and by market as well as operating expense targets by various spending accounts.
• Various ad-hoc projects in support of Cell Biology organization
Education and Experience
Education: BS or BA in finance, business, or related field required.
3-5 years of business analysis experience in a matrix organization and/or corporate environment.
Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows is strongly desired.
Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), as well as the ability to apply influential and negotiation skills while working across multiple levels, functions and regions within the organization is required to be successful in this position.
Attention to detail and consistently delivering high quality work.
Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize projects.
Ability to learn quickly, establish credibility and influence others.
Self-motivated, ability to succeed in ambiguous environment.
Must also have
Strong excel, modeling, analytical and project management skills. Prior experience with the following: Excel, EDW, SAP, E1, Hyperion Essbase, HFM.