Manufacturing Technician - Permanent contract
Responsible for ensuring that the daily requirements for the manufacture of cell culture media and reagents are met and that performance expectations are achieved on a constant basis. Has additional responsibility in taking the lead in assisting with any issues that arise within the team.
- Manufacture Cell Culture Media for use in the biotech industry that is scientific in nature by following established protocols and instructions. Operate semi-automated and automated equipment. Follow established protocols, instructions, scheduled tasks and activities independently.
- Perform in-process testing to assure batches meet specification. With the assistance of others, trouble shoot processes, procedures and product issues.
- Demonstrate a good eye for detail.
- Balance multiple tasks and prioritize critical tasks. Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic computer knowledge. Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
- Follow established procedures as defined by training and SOPs. Seek advice from available resources at times of uncertainty.
- Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency. Take the lead in cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures and improving capacity.
- Help coach team mates on expected behaviors and be involved in training of new employees on the relevant work processes
- Work within Health and Safety guidelines and take the lead to ensure team are also meeting expectations.
- Demonstrate a good work ethic and professional manner at all times.
- Perform tasks using IT equipment and packaging machinery.
- Creation and generation of work instructions and training packs for department
Has contact with all Cell Culture employees. Will liaise extensively with all other departments on matters relating to quality and service in order to uphold the Company’s commitment to Customer satisfaction. This involves working with people at all levels within the organization as well as external customers and regulatory bodies.
Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.