When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is part of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team supporting the Transplant Diagnostics business unit within the Specialty Diagnostics Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific. As a member if the FP&A team, the financial analyst will be responsible for a variety of reporting and analytical functions. The analyst will develop and maintain reporting and analysis to multiple areas of the organization including commercial, senior management, and R&D. In addition the analyst will provide ongoing support of other finance and accounting functions as the needs of the business may require.
- Partner with Sales/Commercial team, Product Management, R&D, Market Development to provide the business with analytics needed to drive growth
- Provides analysis to business partners on pricing, volume, and margin trends that identifies risks and opportunities to performance, and works with commercial teams to take action that maximizes the performance of the business
- Drive efficiency and consistency in to global reporting processes. Advance reporting capabilities of COGS and OpEx
- Participate in the strategic and business planning process from a financial perspective.
- Direct financial support, analytical, reporting, budget templates including the coordination of all the financial requirements/data templates and system uploads (AOP, weekly/daily forecasts and monthly / quarterly management reporting cycles).
- Prepare MBR/QBR templates (Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews) with analysis and commentary to reflect the state of the business
- Report performance vs. budget and forecast to management
- Work closely with the Accounting organization in financial statement reviews
- Support monthly close including reconciliation of results to management reporting system (Hyperion). Manage financial reporting from the local ledger to HFM/S9 (Hyperion Financial Management) for corporate consolidation
- Provide internal reporting and reviews with departmental management to support financial reporting activities
- Continuously update revenue and expense forecast data
- Supports development of Annual Operating Plan P&L at a site level and completion of the ongoing forecasts site wide and across the geographies
- Prepare financial model for New Product introduction projects or other ad hoc projects to assist decision making process
- Prepare, co-ordinate and distribute the monthly and quarterly management reports for actuals, plan & forecasts emphasizing historical results, budgets, forecasts, and trends
- Create and analyze the monthly, quarterly results and AOP to ensure financial information has been recorded accurately
- Perform actual to budget variance analysis, providing business commentary and highlighting key risks/savings
- Perform various ad-hoc analysis as required by the business
- Recommend process improvement options
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- 5 years of work experience in Finance or Accounting role
- Solid understanding of GAAP, financial reporting and analysis
- Exceptional critical/analytical thinking skills and business acumen
- Strong skill set in MS Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional analytical skills that lead to actionable growth opportunities
- Individual must be professional and able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization while consistently delivering accurate work products and managing multiple deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that demonstrates judgment, tact, and diplomacy when working with internal customers
- Experience extracting data from and loading data to financial systems
- Experience working in multi, site multi-currency environment
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a complex business environment
- Experience in leading projects/teams
- Excellent organizational, project, and time management skills with ability to multi-task
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.