Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Territory Account Manager is responsible for selling instruments and consumables used by Pathology Laboratories to process and visualize human and animal tissues. This person will focus on exceeding sales quotas for the full product line within the assigned territory by selling to end user customers and key decision makers. The individual must have minimum two (2) years demonstrated selling achievement (s), with preference of selling capital equipment and/or consumable types of products. Individual with experience working with distributors and/or in the laboratory space highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets and exceeds assigned instrument and consumable sales goals / quotas within the assigned territory
- Identifies, qualifies, prioritizes and closes large sales opportunities Performs sales forecasting using Sales Force.com, and updates this database regularly as a part of thorough territory management
- Develops account specific strategies; executes tactically within assigned territory
- Fosters and grows positive customer relations; coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer satisfaction. This individual is customer-focused and keeps the customer as the priority
- Operates within established expense budget
- Aligns with applicable Channel Partners / Distributors
- Attends state, regional, and national trade shows as applicable
- Monitors competitive activity and trends within the territory; fosters competitive solutions to meet assigned sales goals / quotas
- Drives applicable sales promotions within assigned territory
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certificate required.
- Two (2) years demonstrated selling achievement (s) with preference of selling capital
- equipment and/or consumable types of products
- Individual with experience working with distributors and/or in the laboratory space highly
- Demonstrated selling model training and experience preferred
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Computer proficient particularly in the Microsoft environment
- Self starter, attention to detail, team player
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Minimum of 25% travel is required and expected