The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for planning, developing, executing and measuring marketing communications programs worldwide based upon objectives provided by Senior Manager. This position develops integrated campaigns through strategic planning, messaging, project management, and coordination of internal and external resources - all in collaboration with product and commercial management teams.
Working with global colleagues, the Marketing Communications Manager translates marketing plans into executable strategies, providing marketing, public relations, promotional, and lead generation support for a variety of solutions and product offerings.
This position depends heavily on prioritization, creativity, budget management, and an understanding of digital analytics. Specific programs may include message development, multi-touch nurturing campaigns, interactive/social media, public relations, website content management, collateral development, advertising, and tradeshows.
- Develop a deep understanding product line and related customers segments, their challenges and pain points, and how Thermo Scientific solutions address those specific problems
- Knowledgeable of the combination of product and service offerings that comprise Thermo Scientific solutions
- Main point of contact for product line managers, business directors, functional leads, and other segment stakeholders
- Develop and project manage global marketing communications campaigns from idea to launch for assigned product lines. Manage and recommend budget, including monthly tracking and reporting.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate regularly with product management, commercial management, and functional teams to ensure alignment with goals
- Responsible for coordination with functional areas (eBusiness, Tradeshow, Public Relations, etc.) and regional counterparts, as well as outside agencies and vendors (design firms, public relations firms, photographers, videographers, etc.) on campaign development and execution
- Writing, proofreading and consultation of creative briefs, web and digital initiatives, literature, promotional, and external business communications
- Utilize and mange various tools: image database, financial tools, collateral libraries, etc.
- Metrics reporting for campaign effectiveness and key learnings
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, or marketing
- Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing communications or related field (account service experience in an advertising or public relations agency is preferred)
- Digital marketing experience is imperative
- Ability to assess a project and work independently as well as in a matrix, global structure
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to assess varying message scenarios
- Ability to provide communications counsel to a wide spectrum of global associates
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Strong decision-making skills and a willingness to adapt with change
- Strong experience with PC programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) and sales channels is preferred
- Knowledge of global markets is preferred (Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe)
- Occasional travel required
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.