At Fisher BioServices, we specialize in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customized end-to-end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. Fisher BioServices is a brand of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and member of the BioPharma Services Division. To learn more please visit www.fisherbioservices.com
Position Summary: This position is within the Fisher BioServices business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Pharmacy Technician 1 within the NCI CR government contract is responsible for acquiring skills to prepare orders for shipment to clinical sites for government clients. These materials are stored at temperatures ranging from ambient (room temperature) to below freezing with potentially hazardous properties. This position uses database applications and standard precautionary procedures to work independently, be self-directed, communicate effectively, and use good judgment when making decisions. Internal or external client interaction occurs under the guidance of experienced professional or technical staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in dispensing drug and placebo products necessary for all double blinded studies.
- Prepare and sort dispensing summary/dispensing logs for blinded operations
- Assist in labeling operation at the repository.
- Restock drug supplies maintain required shipping material.
- Maintain daily inventory.
- Update daily orders by entering each shipped order into the computer system.
- Repository maintenance and housekeeping.
- Operate forklift (training will be required).
- Requires proven ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Requires expert ability to prepare reports using Microsoft Excel.
- Requires knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Word and possibly Microsoft Access.
- Prefer knowledge of Universal Precautions, general laboratory and quality assurance/control.
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent; Life Science degree preferred.
- Requires 1+ years experience in the pharmaceutical or related field.
Prefer Certified Pharmacy Technician certification.
8:00AM to 4:30PM core hours, additional hours as required.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work in a cold environment with exposure to dry ice, liquid nitrogen cryogenics, hazardous and infectious agents, marked changes in temperature.
- Must use personal protective equipment and adhere to safety protocols.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to process and handle materials frozen on dry ice (-78°C) or liquid nitrogen (-196°C).
- Must be able to work in walk-in freezers or refrigerators periodically.
- Must be able to use a computer up to 6 hours per day.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory and warehouse/repository environment.