When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $18 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Working within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group, within the Microbiology Division (MBD), this role is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate who is looking for a role that offers training and support to become a fully qualified accountant.
We’re looking for somebody who wants to build a strong financial career within a global organisation that enables individuals to reach their best through continuous challenges and expansive opportunities. Working within a team of experienced finance professionals, you’ll be helping a business that is dedicated to delivering quality products that help society.
The successful candidate will work within the Commercial Finance team as a Commercial Finance Analyst supporting the division’s commercial analysis, generating ground-breaking insights into both its current performance and future performance trajectory, particularly in the areas of price, margin and product mix.
- Support the month-end process in reporting revenue, price, mix and margin performance versus AOP (the annual operating plan), prior year and forecast;
- Support the monthly re-forecasting process in the areas of revenue, price, mix and margin;
- Support the AOP process with revenue, price, mix and margin reporting and analysis;
- Produce on-going analysis as required to support the business’ understanding of its revenue, price, mix, margin and wider commercial performance;
- Support the commercial functions in developing and maintaining ‘lead’ KPIs in areas such as pipeline size, opportunity conversion rates, opportunity closure lead times and churn rates;
- Support the commercial functions with financial modeling on key business cases, such as product launches, product dis-continuations, promotional campaigns and marketing initiatives;
- Participate in Practical Process Improvement (PPI) projects across the business as the need arises, playing an active role and supporting analysis requirements;
- Play an active role in both wider financial and commercial projects as the need arises;
- Work on other ad hoc tasks as required
We are looking for someone who:
- Communicates openly, with the ability to effectively communicate with non-finance people;
- Exhibits flexibility and actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged;
- Embraces continuous improvement and looks for opportunities to constantly improve processes;
- Is curios to understand business performance with an analytical mind able to translate this into insights for others;
- Can be a key positive influencer within the wider finance team, encouraging team work and cross functional collaboration;
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers;
- Has courage to challenge and hold self and others accountable; and
- Is disciplined in approach to quality, attention to detail and is focused on delivery
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or higher, preferably in a Finance, Business, Maths or Science discipline
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong desire to study for a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Working experience of Cognos BI, SAP and Hyperion all advantageous
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com