Main Objective of Role:
The Invitrogen branded products for NGS library preparation, based in Vilnius (Lithuania), encompasses the development, manufacture and supply of high quality NGS library preparation products for Illumina and other non-Ion Torrent sequencing platforms.
- Work with the R&D team to identify improvements for new and existing products.
- Work with Technical Services teams by providing application and technical expertise.
- Work within the product development team, to assist in managing products through the new product development process
- Engage operations and marketing functions to facilitate product introductions on-time and to specification
- International travel may be required
The position is also responsible for any other duties apparent or assigned.
- Candidates should hold a BSc degree or equivalent in a Life Sciences discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience gained in an industrial, research of pharmaceutical laboratory
- Experience with the techniques of NGS, and an understanding of all the products used in these techniques
- Knowledge of life science research products and applications, actual working laboratory experience and a thorough understanding of customer requirements preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including presentation experience to diverse audiences
- Well developed computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent technical communication skills
- An enthusiastic team member
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and consistently under pressure
- A strong pro-active, helpful, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work well within a multi-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, R&D, Quality and Production) to ensure business objectives are met
- A clear enthusiasm for the role and strong desire to continuously develop and improve own performance and departmental performance