When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location: Chelmsford MA, Pittsburgh PA, or Remote – and close to a major airport
This role is a senior level commercial BU position chartered to define and implement tactical programs and campaigns to deliver sales and market share growth in the Americas for the defined category of products in the Water Analysis Process products. This position will also work closely with product management, sales teams and marcom to define tactical marketing programs for new and existing products.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
• Responsible for delivering growth for relevant products in the designated region -Develops tactical commercial plan to accomplish growth targets. Interact with senior divisional commercial leadership team to implement strategy.
• Identifies opportunities and performance gaps in commercial execution and develops programs to capture opportunities and reverse problems.
• Work closely with field sales team to drive execution of product strategy and tactics to achieve growth.
• Defines promotional and sales tactics to drive sales including product pricing, promotion, and distribution. Will work close with product management to identify directions and opportunities for new and improved products / solutions to deliver growth and increase product line profitability.
• Defines core competency requirements of sales team and works with regional sales leaders to ensure appropriate distribution of competencies to facilitate growth of the product line. Implements and conducts key training events for the products.
• Defines and develops sales and marketing tools customized for the region including local brochures, advertisements, and other materials, works closely with Marketing Communications.
• Works with field sales team to implement promotional tactics and establishes metrics to assess performance of each promotional program.
• Make key customer visits to both assist sales on large and strategic opportunities as well as to stay in touch with customer needs and segment trends -Role is responsible to define appropriate sales channel and manufacturer representative strategies and will work with regional and headquarter sales team to execute channel strategy.
• Be involved with customer service organization to ensure back office customer support competencies and processes are aligned to customer meet / exceed needs.
• Supports new product development and product launches.
• Manages regional tradeshow strategy for the BU to facilitate growth objectives of the product line and attends and supports the events. Represents BU on planning and organizing calls
• Related Bachelors Degree. Advanced degree preferred
• 5-7 years Sales or marketing experience.
• Travel 35-40% primarily in The Americas.
• Preferred background in process instrumentation and also with manufacturer's reps.
Relocation budget has not been approved for this role.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.