About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Reporting to the CRM Manager, the successful candidate in this role will be responsible for providing solutions and recommendations to the user community regarding both urgent requests and long term projects within Salesforce.com. This role has responsibility for troubleshooting daily requests/issues, configuring and documenting enhancements, providing technical review for proposed enhancements, and training end users globally as needed. S/he must feel comfortable working with end users on a day-to-day basis, must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work within a team environment. The appropriate candidate is looking for an opportunity to develop his/her career in a challenging yet very highly visible role.
- Manage and nurture customer relationships with key business partners regarding current and future projects to support revenue growth, Customer Allegiance goals, process efficiencies and CRM best practices
- Deliver rapid resolution to business challenges and technical issues; identify and implement Salesforce.com enhancements as needed
- Apply business analysis, organizational and technical skills to improve efficiencies through development and adoption of best practices and standardized procedures
- Provide day-to-day end user support of the CRM application to all levels of the organization
- Serve as a CRM project lead to drive business solutions within Salesforce.com as needed.
- Lead the development and documentation of business requirements, solution design & delivery, testing and training
- Meet project milestones and targets by actively managing projects on a day to day basis
- Expected to work as a full-standing member of global IT team and provide input and insight into commercial discussions.
The candidate must possess the following behavioral competencies and characteristics. Please note that these are regarded by Thermo Fisher Scientific as equally important to technical competencies and experiences. Someone who displays the right attitude and characteristics for the role will therefore be considered even if they lack technical expertise in one or two of the areas mentioned previously.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities
- A strongly pro-active, helpful, ‘can-do’ attitude
- A creative, resourceful and tenacious problem-solver and solution-finder
- Enthusiastic about working with colleagues and peers across the business unit and/or around the company
- Enjoys dealing with people and is able to communicate effectively and concisely at all levels
- Self-managing and self-motivating, able to prioritize tasks effectively and meet customer deadlines and expectations
- A clear enthusiasm for the role and strong desire to continuously develop and improve own performance and departmental performance, while maintaining our IT global Strategies
- Willingness to put in extra effort (and hours when required) to get the job done properly
- Willingness to share technical knowledge with others
- Enjoys contributing to the overall success of the company, not just one department, and has commercial awareness of how the department fits in and adds value to the ‘whole picture’
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple initiatives effectively.
- 2 years’ administration experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Excellent analytical, process design and problem solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and demonstrated project management experience
- Time management skills, ability to multitask, and propensity to handle urgent interruptions with poise and professionalism
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to answer technical queries and flexibility in dealing with end users across global teams and multiple functions.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to complete tasks in resourceful and effective way; works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative and understand implications of work and make recommendations for solutions
- General knowledge of sales principles and/or experience dealing with a remote sales force a plus.
- In-person and remote training experience a plus.
- Salesforce.com certification desirable but not required.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.