Job title: Field Service Engineer, ULS
Location: Ideal location would be Berkshire / Oxfordshire / Buckinghamshire
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete services on discrete analyzer systems including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. The Field Service Engineer will also coordinate resources and work with the Service Team to deliver technical expertise to customers with high-quality results to ensure high customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of discrete analyzers (photometric and electrochemical measurement systems) .
- Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configure system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and other field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences or related field preferred
- 5 years hands-on experience as a Field Service Engineer is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation
- Certified service experience on four or more leading industry chromatography or discrete analyzer products preferred
- Strong knowledge of discrete analyzer techniques strongly desired
- Hands-on experience with discrete analyzer systems including photometric and electrochemical analysis is a plus
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 25% within the territory or other areas as required
- Ability to safely lift 50 Lbs with assistance on occasion.
- Ability to safely lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 60%.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Required to work independently within a customer location
- Extensive walking/standing may be required for 75-85% of the day
- May pass through areas where chemical based products may be in use
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task
- Must be able to safely lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs. with assistance
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on the hazard, appropriate personal protective equipment may be worn. Example: lab coats, coveralls, hood, face shield, respirator, hairnets, steel toed shoes and/or safety gloves
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done