Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Field based position responsible for performing instrument installations, demos, customer training, and technical product support for Anatomical Pathology instrumentation and consumables. The successful candidate must have the ability to utilize effectively communicate and perform histology lab procedures and best practices. The ability to manage installation scheduling, training coordination, and administrative responsibilities with minimal supervision is required. Additional responsibilities include; customer relationship management, written documentation of installation and training activities, and effective interaction and communication with Technical Support, Sales, and Marketing teams. The Field Laboratory Applications Specialist will also represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Interpret and understand customer user requirements, and how they relate to product functionality
- Provides troubleshooting and resolution of customers’ technical issues, and provides help in understanding of the appropriate use of Anatomical Pathology products
- Handles requests for the replacement of apparently defective product. Completes, maintains, and processes relevant paperwork and documentation, including records of customer complaints.
- Provides periodic reports to management including compilations of customer complaints, trend analyses, and suggestions for improvement.
- Reviews available technical literature to maintain an awareness of current laboratory practices and procedures.
- Provides on-site product installation and customer training, on an as-needed
- Act as a Technical Specialist between Customers, Sales and Product Management
- Participates in validating new products, customer evaluations of existing products and application support.
- HT/HTL certification and 3-5 years of laboratory experience is required
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, Microsoft Office Suite proficient to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Technical writing skills, ability to work with minimal supervision in a laboratory environment and in the field.
- Ability to work in a field team environment, and must be customer focused with appropriate sensitivity and sense of urgency for customer issues. Customer facing skills are necessary. Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving, listening, and organizational skills are strongly desired.
- Position requires maintaining on-going professional certifications, technical acumen, and overall development of product knowledge as applicable. Position may include periodic involvement in product development projects or pre-market testing of new products.
- The position requires an excellent communicator with above average demonstrated troubleshooting skills and diplomacy.
- Up to 75% Travel is required and may be asked to travel within hours for urgent customer needs
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a life science discipline
- HT/HTL (ASCP) Certification
- 3-5 Years’ experience in Anatomic Pathology-Clinical or Research
- Advanced Computer Skills