When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Project Manager I
- Processes PLM Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and Manufacturing Change Orders (MCOs) following defined procedures if available; develop new procedures as necessary.
- Maintains integrity of Bill of Materials (BOMs), Item Master and Item Branch data, as necessary.
- Tracks Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), creates dashboards and runs/creates reports to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Investigates root cause of technical issues and communicates with different functions to find results, as necessary.
- Participates as a Subject-Matter Experts (SME) in multifunctional projects and/or drives small scopes projects, as appropriate.
- Recognizes situations that are not explicitly called out in procedures or are ambiguous; acts on knowledge of policy and works with others to recommend resolutions or clarification.
- Drives process improvements where necessary.
- Works with sites to integrate site requirements into global model processes.
- Drives and communicates updates to data standards, system and processes to affected functions/groups.
- Applies fundamental understanding of data standards to exceptional cases and complex situations.
- Creates training materials and delivers classroom training on new processes/requirements including training functions outside of the Product Data Management team, as necessary.
- Serves as a mentor to peers to resolve technical issues with data or change orders.
- Has basic understanding of downstream systems (e.g. customer relations management (CRM), eCommerce, distribution logistics, commercial content authoring, etc.) that may affect internal and external customers.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor degree or equivalence experience. Applied technical knowledge of Product Life Management and ERP/MRP systems is preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant Product Life Cycle Management/Data Management experience.
- Advance understanding of New Product Introduction or Changes and Discontinuations; and basic understanding of other Product Data Management responsibilities.
- Builds positive internal relationships in an extended network across many functional areas (outside of standard approvals) to support business processes.
- Works independently on new and ongoing assignments, following standard procedures. Works independently on activities where procedures are not available.
- Follows standard procedures or works with team members to develop new ones to complete new assignments.
- Develops resolutions to technical issues/problems with coworkers.
- Collaborates with manager for guidance when/if appropriate.
- Expert on ERP/PLM systems, has clear understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) structures and the product lifecycle management processes.
- Understands sku/data setup in downstream systems (sales orders, inventory movement, etc.).
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), FDA regulations and change control management.
- Is Proficient in computer applications and current software (Excel, Outlook and Word).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.