Job Title: Software Engineer I
Location: Eugene, OR
Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering, Protein and Cell Analysis
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The talented Software Engineer will join a cross-functional engineering team designing instrumentation to aid in cutting-edge medical research. You will be part of an innovative software team that develops application code that accepts information from the instrument and visualizes the data while running analysis and providing information to the researcher. You will be working closely with both the hardware engineering team developing the instrument and the biologists defining the problems the instrument and software are intended to solve.
Perform all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing, integration, maintenance of software for the company’s cell analysis instruments
Development and support of GUI, analysis, communications, and instrument control software
Integration of algorithms & mathematical functions for identification and quantification of data collected by instruments
Interact with verification and validation teams to create test requirements based on system software requirements and design
- BS Computer Science, BS Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Proficient in developing with C, C++, C#
- Proficient in use of Visual Studio, git, svn
- Programming experience in application development for Windows (MFC and .net)
- Software architecture design
- Knowledge of current software development methods, including requirements generation, design documentation, and unit testing
- Good experimentalist
- Experience using JIRA, TFS
- Experience with Test Driven Development in an Agile environment
- Experience with Linux, QT, and web based application development
- Experience in SQL, schema and database development
- USB and Ethernet communication protocol experience
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.